Things we're over...enough already!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Things we're over...enough already!

Post by Lush City »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:46 am
Hugh wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:36 am
whatr about think when you drink. remember that from the bud commercials
I think about a lot of things while I drink, some along the lines of, I think I'll have another drink, some more philosophical, but as long as I'm awake I'm thinking, though sometimes I might be thinking up bad ideas, but then bad decisions make for great stories.
There you have it. Sounds like the voice of freedom! Cheers!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

The fact that almost every night this entire month has been at freezing temps. Isn't this April?! The trees are barley budding yet and we're a week from May! Where did I move? Siberia?!
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:50 pm
Where did I move? Siberia?!
Wupparctica
Drink!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:53 am
Wupparctica
So what were you expecting? Palm trees and ukuleles?
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:51 am
oettinger wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:53 am
Wupparctica
So what were you expecting? Palm trees and ukuleles?
No Polarbears atleast I guess
Drink!

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

Hard Seltzers
Rumor has it that if your man drinks hard seltzer.s you are allowed to finger bang him in public
What would you rather do—leave a beautiful corpse, or a scorched Earth? Don’t live fast and die young. Live long and die hard.¸

—Sarah Szabo

I'm all for a scorched Earth policy. -- Me

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Bubblez wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:17 pm
Hard Seltzers
Rumor has it that if your man drinks hard seltzer.s you are allowed to finger bang him in public
During the Summer of White Claw in 2019, I went to the bar my buddy works at while he was off. We tried EVERY single White Claw.

Have you ever had a drink watered down by club soda? Club Soda is fucking terrible, and my description was: "This X flavor tastes like a glass of club soda was set in the same large room as a crate of X fruits across the room for a day".

With you on this one. They also didn't get us fucked up or even buzzed.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I'm over this week.
NEXT!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

People who talk about non-alcoholic "cocktails" without booze IT"S NOT A COCKTAIL, IT"S PUNCH!

Also stores selling un-aged whiskey in a jar and calling it moonshine, if someone has paid taxes on it, IT IS NOT MOONSHINE!

And while I'm on the subject, making "coffee" shops look like bars, you're (I'm) in a strange city, wandering around, cold wet wind blowing off the ocean, your (my) coat collar turned to the wind, lonely, tired, then, suddenly life looks better, bright red neon beckons, you (I) walk in, and a bunch of twenty-somethings look up from their screens, and the place serves coffee! I like coffee, and I like coffee shops, (especially ones that serve biscuits and gravy, or chicken fried steak) but stop with the false advertising.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Also hollywood, when you want to make a woman look slatternly, be more creative than just giving her a cigarette and a cocktail

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Nazis in foreign countrys

Hello get the memo, we tried to gas you dumbasses
Drink!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

People who lecture about how great their life is after they quit drinking, I suspect (strongly) that in most cases the person they're trying to convince is themselves, as most happy people don't go around saying how happy they are.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

oettinger wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:05 pm
Nazis in foreign countrys

Hello get the memo, we tried to gas you dumbasses
That's why Hitler went to Argentina via submarine. The Bormann empire thrives underground. I will gas you with some big ass farts in your face!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:22 pm
I suspect (strongly) that in most cases the person they're trying to convince is themselves, as most happy people don't go around saying how happy they are.
I agree with this 100% and not just with quitting drinking. Facebook is a prime example of people "proving" their happiness. I'll never forget a Facebook status post from a friend who married one of those women who wouldn't let him go out drinking with friends anymore once she entered the picture. He was out of touch with everyone but posted a photo of them and the caption read "I am genuinely happy!". Poor guy. He felt the need to tell us he was happy. Genuinely at that! That speaks volumes.

Then I have the narcissistic friends that post pics of the flowers their dude got them to show how special they are or their new fking shoes as if anyone cares.

I get it that there are significant events in life one is excited about and want to share it with friends such as travels, a new baby, and new unique bottles of fancy booze etc. It just seems that many times it is attention seeking "look at me" behavior masking the insecurity they clearly have.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Mon May 10, 2021 6:05 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:22 pm
I suspect (strongly) that in most cases the person they're trying to convince is themselves, as most happy people don't go around saying how happy they are.
I agree with this 100% and not just with quitting drinking. Facebook is a prime example of people "proving" their happiness. I'll never forget a Facebook status post from a friend who married one of those women who wouldn't let him go out drinking with friends anymore once she entered the picture. He was out of touch with everyone but posted a photo of them and the caption read "I am genuinely happy!". Poor guy. He felt the need to tell us he was happy. Genuinely at that! That speaks volumes.

Then I have the narcissistic friends that post pics of the flowers their dude got them to show how special they are or their new fking shoes as if anyone cares.

I get it that there are significant events in life one is excited about and want to share it with friends such as travels, a new baby, and new unique bottles of fancy booze etc. It just seems that many times it is attention seeking "look at me" behavior masking the insecurity they clearly have.
I`m sure everyday I try to have something fun without drinking, I hope I guess i`m sure, that`s better than your day. Party!!!
Drink!