How to Open Your Very Own Speakeasy

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

How to Open Your Very Own Speakeasy

Post by Dirty Diamond Lou »

As necessary as the detailed post regarding Pruno -

https://drunkard.com/speakeasy/
By
Nick Plumber

Gotta do this. Keep it select, invite only. Thermometer at the door. Bring your own Booze (and enough to share), bring your own camping chair.

I'll stack bricks to build a fire pit, hang a camo tarp across my side yard, and grab a pack of Solo cups.
I'm also known as ssapals.

aka: Dirty Lou
aka: Sweet Lou
aka: The Whole Enchilada

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: How to Open Your Very Own Speakeasy

Post by Rye and Coke »

Dirty Diamond Lou wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:26 am
As necessary as the detailed post regarding Pruno -

https://drunkard.com/speakeasy/
By
Nick Plumber

Gotta do this. Keep it select, invite only. Thermometer at the door. Bring your own Booze (and enough to share), bring your own camping chair.

I'll stack bricks to build a fire pit, hang a camo tarp across my side yard, and grab a pack of Solo cups.
This is actually pretty brilliant. If people bring their own booze you won't need a liquor license, right? If you bring the mixers and act as the bartender, you an mix drinks on the spot and only charge for that service. Either that, or charge at the door. (I read the article a while ago and forgot which way Plumber suggests.)
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Dirty Diamond Lou »

I was thinking more like a pot-luck . Everybody pitch in. A tip jar would be nice though. The only thing else I can think of would be to get "that guy". The guy with the really shitty playlist on Spotify. Somebody to really douche things up by belching John Mayer out of a bluetooth speaker, and just f*cking up everyone's nice, groovy time.
I'm also known as ssapals.

aka: Dirty Lou
aka: Sweet Lou
aka: The Whole Enchilada

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

Dirty Diamond Lou wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:24 pm
I was thinking more like a pot-luck . Everybody pitch in. A tip jar would be nice though. The only thing else I can think of would be to get "that guy". The guy with the really shitty playlist on Spotify. Somebody to really douche things up by belching John Mayer out of a bluetooth speaker, and just f*cking up everyone's nice, groovy time.
You rang?