COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

ETOPS
Booze Head
Booze Head

Re: COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here:

Post by ETOPS »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 1:24 pm
ETOPS wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:22 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:42 pm

Are you a pilot
Yes sir
What equipment do you fly?
Boeing 777
Business is going horrible but i’m grateful to still have a job with the massacre going on in the aviation business. Luckily the end of the crisis is finally in sight.
Lately doing lots of trips to Asia and South America with mostly cargo and no fun (lockdown) during layover.

How is business going with you guys in shipping? I hear there is a big demand for cargo transport but at the same time I see dozens of ships “parked” near harbors all over the world. Guess it also depends on the type (container/bulk/oil etc) of vessel?

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

ETOPS wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 6:11 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 1:24 pm
ETOPS wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:22 am

Yes sir
What equipment do you fly?
Boeing 777
Business is going horrible but i’m grateful to still have a job with the massacre going on in the aviation business. Luckily the end of the crisis is finally in sight.
Lately doing lots of trips to Asia and South America with mostly cargo and no fun (lockdown) during layover.

How is business going with you guys in shipping? I hear there is a big demand for cargo transport but at the same time I see dozens of ships “parked” near harbors all over the world. Guess it also depends on the type (container/bulk/oil etc) of vessel?
Shipping is going well, the ships on the hook near harbors are waiting for berths, like a plane in a holding pattern

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here

Post by Badfellow »

The Bad & the Ugly: prices for building materials in the US have skyrocketed. For example, basic treated lumber and other wood products have gone up 300% since last year. It’s not that there’s any shortages. Quite the contrary, Canadian mills just over the border have literal stockpiles waiting to be shipped. And while some of the cause lies in a shortage of truck drivers and various, sticky COVID issues involved with crossing the international border, we might also consider that not too long ago it was Trump who told the Canadians to fuck off regarding any sort of agreement on a North American trade deal.

Who tells the Canadians to fuck off?

I might politely suggest to a Canuck that they take off, eh. Or in some severe circumstances I might even call them a hoser. But to tell them to fuck off completely? Only a egotistical, retarded orangutan would do such a thing.

Let’s all be reasonable and let’s have affordable prices once more on the necessities of construction. We’re ready to build.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

ETOPS wrote:
Boeing 777
Lockdowns aside, that has to be a fascinating job. And not just the job itself, but the layovers in various places around the world as well as the recreational opportunities they provide. Cheers and happy skies to you.

ETOPS
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by ETOPS »

Badfellow wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 11:59 am
ETOPS wrote:
Boeing 777
Lockdowns aside, that has to be a fascinating job. And not just the job itself, but the layovers in various places around the world as well as the recreational opportunities they provide. Cheers and happy skies to you.
Best things indeed are the places and the people.

Cheers back, tonight with a rum&coke

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

The Coming COVID Catastrophe
Here's the brutal truth.
In what may be one of the most important stories ever covered by The Highwire, the vaccine developer shared his extreme concerns about these vaccines in particular and why we may be on track to creating a global immunity catastrophe.
https://www.infowars.com/posts/the-comi ... tastrophe/
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Was sick last week so I got tested Friday and it came back negative. Was weird cuz I haven't been sick in a year and a half.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

whiskeyprick wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:19 pm
Was sick last week so I got tested Friday and it came back negative. Was weird cuz I haven't been sick in a year and a half.
Sick as in 7ou were infected with a pathogen,
or
Sick in the sense that some action upset you
or
Sick in the sense, that someone said, "that's not funny, that's sick!"

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

It doesn't mean shit to you.

Post by Mr Boozificator »

I know it doesn't.
But the terraces of our bars just got the right to reopen two days ago.
Fuck you virus!
I have spent yesterday drinking in the sun and smoking cigars while drinking in the sun.
I don't care that you don't care. It was still fantastic. Yes, fuck you too.
Have a picture of my old rejoiced face. Dreadful isn't it?
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: It doesn't mean shit to you.

Post by Badfellow »

Hey, I care! Though I must admit, my interests are somewhat self serving in my desire to get scandalously drunk in France. Drinking and smoking in the sun sounds magnifique.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: It doesn't mean shit to you.

Post by benitobeast69 »

yeah it's fucking great news!! happy for you man.

our pubs just opened up for indoor drinking this week but you still have to follow a lot of rules...table service only, can't mix tables and shit like that

at the minute i'm gonna swerve it till they open up everything properly in a few weeks...you don't go to a pub in Britain to drink at a table with table service....It's just not right...can't wait to prop the bar up in a few weeks though.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Awesome, we live in Merkel-germany so we have to wait until all jews ar.... until we all behave
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Good old Merky...looks like a shitty drag queen

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rocky Horror Picture Show makeup can`t make her look like a decent old lad.

Too late too late
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I just think it's so great that the liquor stores never shut down (well in my state, anyway,)
And grocery delivery, wow, I wish that had been a thing before. They sell booze in our groceries, so one can get whatever one needs in one quick doorstep drop.
like tears in rain