COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here:

Post by Merchant Seaman »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:27 am
scream ale wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:37 am
benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:51 am

some daft shit in the UK as well....can buy booze 24/7 apart from on a Sunday..where it's just till 10.30pm.....why??? what possible point could there be to that?
That's pretty goofy shit. In the U.S. it's beer til 2am, then you're free to but again at 8am (at least in my state) all seven days of the week. Although I'm sure somewhere there's some fuckery going on with Sunday drinking.
madness again....like what if i wanna buy beer in your state at 4am?? why can I not??? last time i checked i was a fucking adult 24 hours a day. don't treat me like a 17 year old for a few hours in the night.
Exactly
Then what about people who don't work 9-5?

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

benitobeast69 wrote:
don't treat me like a 17 year old for a few hours in the night.
To be fair during those hour you are 17. You big fucking man-child.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Patchez wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:43 am
benitobeast69 wrote:
don't treat me like a 17 year old for a few hours in the night.
To be fair during those hour you are 17. You big fucking man-child.
yeah man true... but you can't fuck everyone's shit up just cause im a big babaaaaa..
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

This shit's getting old. Only one person behind the counter at the deli with a dozen people standing in line waiting to get sliced processed meat. I didn't have the patience to stand there so I picked up my groceries and left without my deli fried chicken. No problem, I would just get a cheeseburger and Jack in the Box which is on the way home. Nope. The eighteen year old at the walk up window said the register was down and they couldn't take my order.

Nobody's working while "enhanced" unemployment is being handed out. The "enhanced" portion is supposed to end on Sep 4, but we all know it will be extended.

On the bright side, we can't get much new product in at work because of a trucker shortage and I'm getting done early enough to make last call at the bar a few times a week. But even then, it's packed as fuck because all these people are spending their "enhanced" unemployment at the bar.

A year and a half ago I said, "Meh, they'll end this lockdown bullshit in a couple of weeks."

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:28 pm
This shit's getting old. Only one person behind the counter at the deli with a dozen people standing in line waiting to get sliced processed meat. I didn't have the patience to stand there so I picked up my groceries and left without my deli fried chicken. No problem, I would just get a cheeseburger and Jack in the Box which is on the way home. Nope. The eighteen year old at the walk up window said the register was down and they couldn't take my order.

Nobody's working while "enhanced" unemployment is being handed out. The "enhanced" portion is supposed to end on Sep 4, but we all know it will be extended.

On the bright side, we can't get much new product in at work because of a trucker shortage and I'm getting done early enough to make last call at the bar a few times a week. But even then, it's packed as fuck because all these people are spending their "enhanced" unemployment at the bar.
This shit has been getting old. I'm ready to return to the normal hell that was life before the wu flu conquered the world. I've been working through this whole shit show just like a lot of other people. I never understood the whole everybody getting more than they normally would on employment. I understand people whose line of work was pretty much killed because of this crap and they actually need assistance. But everybody getting x amount extra?

Also if the register was down and they couldn't take orders why bother being open? Why not just be lazy like everyone else?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

If I've got it - it's weird.

I just started hitting the bars for the first time since all this bullshit started a couple of weeks ago. Right now I have intermittent runny nose, coughing once in a while. I think I sneezed a couple of times today. I was vaccinated with the Janssen vaccine on May 4. So if I indeed do have covid 19, that might explain the mild symptoms. I don't feel sick at all, such as the bodyaches, chills, fever.

Anyway, time to pour the drinks.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

"Don`t consume alcohol within three days after vaccination" was my total no go
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:13 am
they never told us that here so i'd just ignore it.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:43 am
oettinger wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:13 am
they never told us that here so i'd just ignore it.
that said I guess it depends on the vaccine you had....I had Pfizer.

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:22 pm

I just started hitting the bars for the first time since all this bullshit started a couple of weeks ago. Right now I have intermittent runny nose, coughing once in a while. I think I sneezed a couple of times today. I was vaccinated with the Janssen vaccine on May 4. So if I indeed do have covid 19, that might explain the mild symptoms. I don't feel sick at all, such as the bodyaches, chills, fever.

There is a summer cold that's going around right now. It's a basic head cold that starts out as a sore throat and then hits the sinuses pretty hard. You probably have that. It lasts about a week and it reacts pretty well to basic non prescription meds. I had it. It's no big deal. But now you got me wondering... I've been vaccinated. Could this be the mild case of the delta variant that I keep hearing about?

Coronaviruses are a huge family of viruses that range from the common cold to more severe diseases such as MERS. So If I got tested, which don't plan on doing, would any Coronavirus show up? Or are the tests specifically for COVID-19?

Either way, I don't really give a shit.
DRINK!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:19 pm
Hugh wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:22 pm

There is a summer cold that's going around right now. It's a basic head cold that starts out as a sore throat and then hits the sinuses pretty hard. You probably have that. It lasts about a week and it reacts pretty well to basic non prescription meds. I had it. It's no big deal. But now you got me wondering... I've been vaccinated. Could this be the mild case of the delta variant that I keep hearing about?

Coronaviruses are a huge family of viruses that range from the common cold to more severe diseases such as MERS. So If I got tested, which don't plan on doing, would any Coronavirus show up? Or are the tests specifically for COVID-19?

Either way, I don't really give a shit.
I'm sicker today, and yes, it feels like a head cold. I'm still up and around, although I called off from work until Tuesday because I don't want to put up with uncomfortable questions if people see me blowing my nose. And you're right, it doesn't matter whether I have a cold, COVID-19, or the delta variant. I ain't going to the ER and I ain't getting tested.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Yeah, you pro jabber stooges are all going to die soon. Spike proteins are not healthy for you. But don't let me stop you. Get the vaccine that is really gene therapy.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

With the COVID lock down, you could drink alone at home at 0700 and nit have to deal with an intervention

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

got my first Moderna shot over a month ago. Now the place I got it doesn't have any 2nd doses, but they are taking appointments for the 3rd dose. Should I skip #2?
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

You get three shots now? Where does it end?