COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here:

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Savage wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:09 am
I just think it's so great that the liquor stores never shut down (well in my state, anyway,)
Yeah absolutely. It shows just how essential booze really is.
Okole maluna!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I just read a comment online about somebody who loves the whole home delivery grocery and other stuff delivery is, and lamenting that their state does not allow delivery of alcohol. I am so glad I live in a civilized state. Signed, Never runs out of bourbon her whole life.
like tears in rain

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Savage wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 3:14 am
I just read a comment online about somebody who loves the whole home delivery grocery and other stuff delivery is, and lamenting that their state does not allow delivery of alcohol. I am so glad I live in a civilized state. Signed, Never runs out of bourbon her whole life.
Yes, I once made an order from BEV-MO, they delivered, the guy said I must be having a huge party, I was just stocking up, the bill was a little over 900$US

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

This is an odd observation...

Common litter used to be plastic water bottles, disposable cups, and even diapers.

Throughout this "pandemic, I've noticed a new form of litter. Masks. Disposable paper masks, fancy etsy-purchased masks, and those with company logos printed on them. I now see them in every shopping center parking lot, in public landscaping, on sidewalks, and laying in gutters.

And, for some reason, I have started noticing a large number of airline size booze bottles. Not sure if this one has anything to with the COVID, but it is definitely a new thing.
DRINK!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Dear Booze wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:41 pm

Common litter used to be plastic water bottles, disposable cups, and even diapers.

Throughout this "pandemic, I've noticed a new form of litter. Masks. Disposable paper masks, fancy etsy-purchased masks, and those with company logos printed on them. I now see them in every shopping center parking lot, in public landscaping, on sidewalks, and laying in gutters.

And, for some reason, I have started noticing a large number of airline size booze bottles. Not sure if this one has anything to with the COVID, but it is definitely a new thing.
Without bars a lot of people have taken to public drinking, the small bottles may be a sign of that, in my area bars are offering cocktails to go

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Dear Booze wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:41 pm

Yes and add that to "Shit We Hate" because I find littering vile behavior. Especially a disgusting mask. Diapers too! Gross! More importantly however, the shit that ends up in the oceans that poor sea creatures choke on or get tangled in. Despicable and careless behavior.

I have seen the masks laying around in parking lots the most- especially at the grocery stores - but here they have trash bins at the shopping cart return (because people have to return their carts to get their coin back) so I'm sure that cuts down a lot of rubbish at least. It is too much to ask to not make mask littering a "thing"? Sheesh.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Mask littering is essential. Pandemic=everyone be an even bigger slob than before.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Here's news for all you maskholes out there. Breathing thru synthetic fiber masks from China all day will introduce toxic nanofibers into your lungs and they will stay like asbestos.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

The fact that because this ship goes to China, and China requires quarantine for all arriving ships, after long beach, no one is allowed ashore

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:44 pm
The fact that because this ship goes to China, and China requires quarantine for all arriving ships, after long beach, no one is allowed ashore
That means all the chinese hookers have to come aboard. Be gentle and have a seperate room for them to freshen up in. But also keep an eye on em while they shower so they don't steal potatos
Drink!

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Antivaxers of Germany, United States & rest of the world! Give up you lost!

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/09/ente ... index.html
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

David Hasselhuffer doesn't exactly motivate me to do much.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Savage wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 3:14 am
who comes up with laws like this....i don't get it??? do they just sit about and be like "how can we be fucking cunts to people today??"

some daft shit in the UK as well....can buy booze 24/7 apart from on a Sunday..where it's just till 10.30pm.....why??? what possible point could there be to that?
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:51 am

some daft shit in the UK as well....can buy booze 24/7 apart from on a Sunday..where it's just till 10.30pm.....why??? what possible point could there be to that?
That's pretty goofy shit. In the U.S. it's beer til 2am, then you're free to but again at 8am (at least in my state) all seven days of the week. Although I'm sure somewhere there's some fuckery going on with Sunday drinking.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

scream ale wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:37 am
benitobeast69 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:51 am

That's pretty goofy shit. In the U.S. it's beer til 2am, then you're free to but again at 8am (at least in my state) all seven days of the week. Although I'm sure somewhere there's some fuckery going on with Sunday drinking.
madness again....like what if i wanna buy beer in your state at 4am?? why can I not??? last time i checked i was a fucking adult 24 hours a day. don't treat me like a 17 year old for a few hours in the night.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis