Closed the Door on the Big 4-0

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Closed the Door on the Big 4-0

Post by scream ale »

^^^ three cheers for humanity

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Rooster wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:30 pm
Sammy wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:26 am
Rooster wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:23 pm
My uncle died two nights ago of COVID; and one of my friends is on a ventilator from it.

I appreciate your candor Prick; but, my friends are dying.
That sucks. I was at the Drs yesterday and told the Nurse I do not personally know of anyone that has, or has had, COVID and she told me that neither does she, which I found surprising. I turned 61 last week and have already lost a number of friends for a variety of reasons but so far nothing from COVID. I hope it stays that way.
It won't. I live in Upstate New York and we really haven't seen the problem that downstate has.

However, in a month, a bunch of rich-asshole-kids from downstate are going to come up here, to the university, and throw parties. We've also got a lot of Chinese students coming in. If we're not a hot-spot, I'll buy the next round.

I grew up in Syracuse, so I know what you're saying. When I was a teenager we used to refer to SU as Jew U because of all the rich Jewish kids that would go to school there, most of which seemed to be from NJ.

I still have a lot of friends and family in Syracuse, including my Parents. My Dad turns 86 next week and my Mom is 89. I worry about them the most but they live in West Monroe, which is a rural town on the North shore of Oneida Lake, and the number of cases of COVID in their area is extremely low, so they're doing ok so far.

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

Cases in Syracuse are about to explode. I'm not going to address your comments about the demography of SU, at the time. We have a LOT of Chinese students, students from Westchester and Jersey, and from South Florida.

I'm seriously considering deferring until the Spring. The university just doesn't seem to have a handle around opening back up.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Probably a good idea. The only thing that University has a handle on is making money.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

When I turned forty, we were waiting for the big pink pile of stucco to be completed. All I asked for, when Grumpy and I talked about buying a house, was that it be a one story.

The big pink pile of stucco was three stories.

I am so much happier now that we are old and live in a three bedroom one story house with a small backyard. My knees and back do not hurt all the time anymore. Also, now if the house begins to burn down, I have a better chance of being able to drag Grumpy's drunken ass out the front door.
like tears in rain

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Life begins at 40 if you have been working toward it. Otherwise the pain will continue indefinitely until attitudes change. So say the tyrants. It will continue as long as we allow it. For most people, life sucks about now.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

let that be a lesson to you.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Savage wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:45 am
When I turned forty, we were waiting for the big pink pile of stucco to be completed. All I asked for, when Grumpy and I talked about buying a house, was that it be a one story.

I am so much happier now that we are old and live in a three bedroom one story house with a small backyard. My knees and back do not hurt all the time anymore. Also, now if the house begins to burn down, I have a better chance of being able to drag Grumpy's drunken ass out the front door.
So, which one do you consider my room? Can I get a nice poster of Grace Kelly in it?
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:51 pm
Savage wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:45 am

So, which one do you consider my room? Can I get a nice poster of Grace Kelly in it?
I think grace kelly is 35 now, think about someone else
Drink!