Our neighbors - post your stories here

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: You're not as bad a drunk as your neighbor thinks you ar

Post by Bur »

didn't even touch the link, they won't touch me

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
MasSangre wrote:I wonder if she got that scar looking thing on her face while she was drunk
That sore looks more meth related to me.
Seconded.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Judge

Post by Judge »

Its always sunny in Philidelphia...
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

way drunker, and I paid for this hotel room.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Judge wrote:Its always sunny in Philidelphia...
Whoa whoa whoa ... this was in God's Country ... They route for the Steelers out there ...

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

...extremely surprised "bath salts" weren't involved.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

coqui_chris wrote:They route for the Steelers out there ...
And I thought you were a man of letters.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

When I was maybe 13 or so, I was babysitting for some people, and came across this book called, "Steal This Book."
So, I did. (I was an obedient child.) I think that book had something about using tampons to make bombs or set things on fire, or something like that. I never set things on fire or blew anything up--oh, and the book had some long, involved story about how to rip off record clubs. Hah! I was the one who got ripped off by the record clubs. Columbia and BMG, rot in hell! And you know what? I was probably the only babysitter I knew who didn't tap into the parent's liquor stash. And when I found that little baggie of green stuff, I didn't touch it. I was like something out of those stupid Babysitter novels my daughters read. I want a medal or something. And some chocolate cake. We ate out yesterday, and my stomach still feels icky.
like tears in rain

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

Mr. Viking wrote:I was at the Sonisphere festival two summers ago and one of my festival friends got fucked up, crawled into the wrong tent and tried to eat a tampon because he thought it was a pack of sweets
Well, if the tampon wasn't actually being used, it's not that bad.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Ok, now this is from the Philly region:

http://plymouthwhitemarsh.patch.com/art ... tc00000003

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

I have always made it a point to carry my liquor into my wherever/whenever current domicile in plain view of my neighbors. Beer, whisky, wine, whatever; unbagged, loudly and proudly.

When it comes to my drinking, unless I'm hurting you, fuck you.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

fair play. Because I make quite a lot of my booze, it's in pop bottles, so I don't think anybody notices I'm bringing twenty bottles of wine/cider to my friends flat, they just reckon my hypothetical child is having a party
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

My neighbor complained about my tunes

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Says his Wife is recovering from knee surgery and is sleeping downstairs in a room that faces closest to my house. My first thought was 1) You just came into my house, thereby ignoring the whole social distancing thing, instead of just calling me and 2) Your house is larger than mine, so move her fat ass to a different room.

I did not say these things. I was nice. That's not like me. I guess it was because I had only had one drink at that point.

So now I'm not only supposed to be a bigger hermit than I already am but I can't crank tunes? This virus is cruel. Very, very cruel.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: My neighbor complained about my tunes

Post by Hugh »

By his coming over, he was showing that he wasn't being hostile or underhanded.

Some time back a young couple with dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings moved in across from me. They woke me up with loud music at 3 AM. I went over, introduced myself, and said that their music woke me up. I thought it was better than just going over there and yelling at them, or just banging on their wall hoping they'd take the hint, or calling the cops.

They ended up moving out shortly after that, and I asked the landlord if it was because I'd asked them to turn down their music. I thought maybe they hated me for being a dickhead neighbor. The landlord told me that the tenants above and next to them had been banging on their walls and floors to get them to quiet down, and they complained to him, and he had to ask them to be quieter.

A few months later when I was sitting in a neighborhood bar, a young woman with pink hair called me by name and said hi. I didn't recognize her, but it was my old neighbor. Not only was she not mad at me, she and I danced up a storm to 80's music that she had played on the jukebox. Her boyfriend even cleaned up the mess when we knocked over a drink on the bar.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: My neighbor complained about my tunes

Post by RIPT2.0 »

He and I did have a nice conversation but the next time he walks into my house like that while we're still in lock down mode I'm going to squirt him in the face with Lysol. Yes, I have Lysol and I'm not afraid to use it!