Lady Savage's Grumpy Chronicles

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Let us raise a glass

Post by Savage »

Savage wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:57 am
and toast the great Grumpy, who at last has staggered off to bed. Tomorrow, I am dragging him out for pancakes. Waffles are so bougie.
It isn't even last call. There is still bourbon left.
like tears in rain

Jimmy Lester {RIP}
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

The Grumpy Chronicles

Post by Jimmy Lester {RIP} »

Here's a classic post from 2011. Enjoy "... of nasty hip hop, and violent video games. Quite probably, it will take them weeks to realize that they haven't seen daylight for a long time. Grumpy has some blueprints, if you need assistance."

Riveting post!

Fuck

Jimmy Lester {RIP}
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: The Grumpy Chronicles

Oh, here's a gem from 2011: "I'm having to sidle around a 9 foot tall, 6 foot wide palm tree, that I bought today, and sent Grumpy around in the truck, after work, after. Yeah, read that sentence again, and send Strunk and White after me. (Hah-hah, I worked another after in there!) Anyway, someone ..."

Not sur what any of this means, but I'm sure it's super important. To someone.

Fuck

Jimmy Lester {RIP}
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Ah, here's a goodie from April 6, 2011:
"I am thinkng of a rented metal fence, to surround the gorgeous skull fence Grumpy built. That way, people could see what my mad mind and Grumpy's skill hath wrought, but it would be a lot harder for thieves. We would, of course, remove the prophylactic fence on Halloween..."

^^This, I'm sure we can all agree, is a fantastic post. Not because of its general content, but because it mentions "Grumpy" not once, but twice! A rare find by any measure.

Something else that's important: our dear friend, Lady Savage posted about Grumpy on April 4, 2011 and April 5, 2011 too. That's three days in a row!

Fuck

Jimmy Lester {RIP}
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

OMG! The lady posted four days in a fucking row! On April 7, 2011, she mentioned our title hero here: "Now Santino, his weakness is anger, agression. Always hot, always ready to jump on your ass. (Very Grumpy)..."

She sees Grumpy as The Godfather's Santino. He's "always hot, always ready to jump on your ass...." Is Savage living in an abusive relationship? Stockholm syndrome is a coping mechanism to a captive or abusive situation. People often develop positive feelings toward their captors or abusers over time. This condition applies to situations including relationship abuse and sex trafficking.

Jimmy Lester {RIP}
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Fuck. April 8, 2011. Five fucking days straight. Lady Savage posted several that day, all mentioning "Grumpy," of course. But I found this one especially poignant:

"Grumpy was grumping tonight, about being "an old man of nearly sixty", and I just cannot relate. I do not believe in old age. When I was a little girl, I read a quotation by someone, who said something about "How old would ..."

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Meta-Grumpisian Philosophy

Post by Badfellow »

Hey, Lester. You need to fuck off now, lest I sprinkle a ring of rock salt over the four lane highway upon which you died trying to cross. Get thee the fuck back to hell Jimmy Lester.

Now, let’s get back to the show: what is Grumpy doing right now? Is he snoring? Has his big toe yet been pulled in a gesture of jest? Does he still want to sell me his ‘68 El Camino? Where for art thou Grumpy?

I have also composed a Wagnerian Grumparetto for the enjoyment of all. Now available on Grump-Grok and Grumpify.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Meta-Grumpisian Philosophy

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:04 pm
Hey, Lester. You need to fuck off now, lest I sprinkle a ring of rock salt over the four lane highway upon which you died trying to cross. Get thee the fuck back to hell Jimmy Lester.
Agreed. It's about time for you to be permanently banned. For real.
Okole maluna!

Hennessy Williams
Souse
Souse

Re: Lady Savage's Grumpy Chronicles

Post by Hennessy Williams »

Holy fuckballs...they're bringing the GODDAMN hammer down!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

What does one do?

Post by Savage »

Our dear Grumpy is showing signs of forgetfulness. When he gets like that he also is prone to fly off the handle at the slightest provocation. This, of course, is difficult to deal with. I went through this with Granddaddy, and then with my mother. It is unbearably sad. Part of it may be the alcohol, as he seems to sundown and gets worse the more he drinks later at night. Luckily, in our new one-story cottage, he can toddle off to bed quite easily, though often I have to coax him.

I will always take care of him, though I worry, as with my health history, my life span may be a bit shorter than I hoped.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: What does one do?

Post by Savage »

Savage wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:43 am
Our dear Grumpy is showing signs of forgetfulness. When he gets like that he also is prone to fly off the handle at the slightest provocation. This, of course, is difficult to deal with. I went through this with Granddaddy, and then with my mother. It is unbearably sad. Part of it may be the alcohol, as he seems to sundown and gets worse the more he drinks later at night. Luckily, in our new one-story cottage, he can toddle off to bed quite easily, though often I have to coax him.

I will always take care of him, though I worry, as with my health history, my life span may be a bit shorter than I hoped.
Oh to add to the history, his mother had a mother who became so senile that should would go to the toilet and pee all over the lid, and say, I'm old
like tears in rain

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: What does one do?

Post by Nausea »

My grandmother had Alzheimer's and lived with us when I was a kid.

Then later, when she was in a nursing home, we would go visit her. She was always confused: she recognized us but didn't know who we were. I'm not sure if I would rather die than live in those states of confusion.

Grumpy is likewise lucky to have someone he trusts taking care of him. I wish you the best.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`m german. you mericans can only borrow the word Altzheimers, our elders were born with it

Sorry Lady S. That just flat out sucks. Living on a ground level house without many falling-down-options is a good start.

Good luck
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Sad news

Post by Savage »

For those here who remember me and Grumpy, I just wanted to let you know that I am worried about him. He truly has become an old man. He sometimes sleeps as much as fifteen hours a day, if you count the two-hour nap he often takes. He conks out between seven and nine pm. and usually wakes up between eight and ten am. Maybe my math stinks, but I'm sure you get the idea.

His lack of interest in pretty much anything has grown greatly since he finally retired on the first day of October of year, some four and a half months before he reached his target date of seventy. He does nothing but sit in his chair all day, he no longer does his woodworking, and when I suggested we go looking for his dream oldie for him to fix up, he refused to consider it. He is beginning to be forgetful and does not always understand what I tell him. Add that to his always antisocial temperament (remember the first convention, Judge, and how he flat out refused to go to any more conventions after that? Life has become quite boring at Casa de Stucco. Thank god he decided to move from the big pink pile of stucco into a one-story retirement cottage before the malaise set in. Again, after retiring from the Marine Corps and retiring from being a civilian contractor at the base, he has done nothing. He always said he wanted to work part-time at Home Depot, demonstrating the proper use of power tools, but not anymore. His rear end and the comfy chair are never parted except to go to the bathroom and to bed. I looked forward to retirement and visiting all the touristy stuff in California, like Winchester Castle, or maybe even a road trip to New Orleans, but I don't think that is possible anymore.

I worry that he may no longer be able to drive soon, but I do not know how I can prevent him from doing so. At least he still knows who I am, who he is, and who his children are. He tried to take over paying the bills and I had to do a lot of damage control and pay some fines when he forgot, so now I remind him when they arrive and check to be sure he pays them. Funny, like my mother before me, I always paid the bills, always on time, and even rebuilt his credit from the ground up after his divorce. It took several years before he could get any credit; when we first married, only I had the only good credit; he even had to cash his paycheck in person, in cash, like a boot private but I learned how to help, and started by getting him credit at the tire store. It's been a long road since the days when VA and NFCU would not grant him a mortgage, but we did it, and...

Thanks for providing me a place to vent. You may return to your usual brilliance.
like tears in rain