Happy New Years Drunks! Post it all here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Happy new year thread

Post by Fabricsoftner »

Just got off work. Time to throw down.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

SternoBoy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by SternoBoy »

Happy New Year all you recidivists!

New Year's celebration involved the usual amount of Sailor Jerry. Tispy thought it'd be a good idea to administer her hang over remedy before going to bed so we consumed a number of her patented Bloody Marys. An idea that works better in theory than practice.

Now, my head hurts.

So I've consumed liquids, squirted some Afrin up my nose and popped an acetomeniphen with codeine. This seems to be working... Tispy is cooking a Boursin omelette. Yum!

Hoping your pain is a reflection of last night's happiness...
I'm drunk and I vote

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

went to a neighbor's with The Redhead, about 2 blocks away. that was as far as we wanted to go. nice time, nothing silly.

the night before, watched the original "true grit" with some friends, bulleit burbon and shiner and tamales. had to get my buddy to tell me how the movie ended the next day.

the 1st, The Redhead pulls my "not it" card and gets hammered. different friend's party. had to reassure her she didn't embarrass herself.

pretty fucking good first weekend of the year, actually.

cheers, drunks!
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Went to Icebar in Orlando with the Mrs. and some friends. Got hit on by some cougars and my wife made out with one. Good times!

Happy New Year to you bastards. Looking forward to the new developments and hopefully the Explorers' Club really gets going before the Mayans kill everyone.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Continuously drinking in Marseille for three days and four nights before riding the train back to Bordeaux drinking only a detox beer or two. Good time, slightly exhausting though.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

$25 tickets to go to a bar and listen to a band/dance. Hey, that's what the woman wanted to do and she was paying. Her friend showed me her boobs. Then we went to my local where I was hammered by midnight, then we went home, had sex and attempted to sleep as I wanted to watch the Bowl games on New Years Day.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Hardcore Stig
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Hardcore Stig »

So far joggers McCoy and Resident Arsehole lead the poll lol.

For me, I bought too much food, had a binch of good friends round and while I went to bed with a "good" friend, I woke up with the whole bed to myself at around 12 noon and got to watch my team get turned over.
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

Hardcore Stig wrote:I went to bed with a "good" friend, I woke up with the whole bed to myself at around 12 noon
Awesome! That's how it should always be.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

NightShiftCharlie
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Happy new year thread (Resolutions)

Post by NightShiftCharlie »

New Years was OK. Stayed at home, downed Grant's, watched some flicks. I also made some resolutions. Never mind that the only one I followed was one a few years back to stop making resolutions, I know that I won't break these:

Find both a "regular" and a "stash/happy hour" single-malt Scotch, Irish whiskey, Canadian whiskey, Bourbon, TN whiskey, rye whiskey, brandy and tequila.

Write some "how to" articles for the "Submit" board, and hopefully, the magazine.

Make my home bar complete, or even convert a mini-fridge into my own mini-LiquorFridgeTM (Spoiler alert for one of my "how to" articles!).

Have a drink at every bar in Carbondale except for Club Traz (the local gay bar. Not that there's anything wrong with that).

Actually go somewhere on vacation, and barhop over there.

That probably covers everything for this year. Wish me luck!
May you all be hung, drawn, and quartered!
Yes, HUNG - with precious metals and jewels
DRAWN - in a coach and four
and QUARTERED - in the finest homes in the land.

Emperor Awesome
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Emperor Awesome »

A handful of people rightly despise me right now. For the record, a bottle of champagne does not equal "a drink".
"I need a hundred beers...exactly one hundred, thank you."
-Nathan Explosion

"Does whiskey count as beer?"
-Homer Simpson

"Swaggering about in a garish new hat he seemed to say, 'Look at me, Rex Banner, I have a new hat.'"

"I am getting so drunk when we get paid for this."
-Sydney, Fallout 3

Bur

Post by Bur »

there was new year. ok think I remember it now. Sorta forgot because we started drinkin with buddies like 3 days before the actlua event so you go figure

MikeHarris
Tippler
Tippler

What are your best 2011-2012 New Year's Eve party tips ?

Post by MikeHarris »

Since 2012 is a fairly important date on the Mayan calendar, what are your best serious and/or humorous 2011-2012 New Year's Eve party tips,
whether you're celebrating at home, or at any social venue.

As long as no one switched it on, mine would be to fill your washing machine with beer and cover it with ice, if you'll be at
home. It'd make a convenient place to store beer for a party and it'd be easy to drain away the melted ice the next day.

Also make sure you have enough booze stocked if at home and that any drinking games you have planned, aren't too complicated.

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: What are your best 2011-2012 New Year's Eve party tips ?

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Reading the Necronomicon and calling on Cthulu to rise up from R'lyah and slay all living things.

That, and finishing that can of Bud light that no one dares touch in the downstairs fridge.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Smatter Noguts wrote:Reading the Necronomicon and calling on Cthulu to rise up from R'lyah and slay all living things.

That, and finishing that can of Bud light that no one dares touch in the downstairs fridge.
The little fucker never returns your calls.
He's all tentacles and hot air, no balls.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

How much most people drink on New Years, is how I drink everynight. My tradition though is at midnight everone eats 12 grapes, one for each month, as it is supposed to bring you luck. That and a shit load of whiskey... what better tips do you need.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs