Happy New Years Drunks! Post it all here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: What are your best 2011-2012 New Year's Eve party tips ?

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Hopefully not a repeat of last year's subcrawl. Fifteen pints, countless cans of Tennent's and a bottle of Buckfast....is what I remember of it.

Worst of all was going to work on New Year's Day. I slept in a storage cupboard for most of the shift.

Tips? If the weather's nice, encourage your companions to congregate in a nice, pastoral area. It might be cold, but nothing beats getting drunk in the great outdoors.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

3 posts in 5 and half years? SLOW DOWN MAN!

Anyhow, I like to stay in on amateur night or go to a house party with a bunch of like-minded drunks. No use dealing with unruly crowds of near-drys taking over your local and who'll start hooting and falling over after 2 wine coolers.

Even if the party isn't BYOB, it's nice to bring something, an extra bottle or a case of beer. And you can never have too many snacks.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Smatter Noguts wrote:Reading the Necronomicon and calling on Cthulu to rise up from R'lyah and slay all living things.

That, and finishing that can of Bud light that no one dares touch in the downstairs fridge.
The Kraken will kick Cthulu's ass AND steal your beer.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Miklo wrote:How much most people drink on New Years, is how I drink everynight. My tradition though is at midnight everone eats 12 grapes, one for each month, as it is supposed to bring you luck. That and a shit load of whiskey... what better tips do you need.
Same thing in Spain exactly. I got to tour latin America one day, I really really like Spain.
Los doces granos de uva...
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Shane's Dentist wrote:Hopefully not a repeat of last year's subcrawl. Fifteen pints, countless cans of Tennent's and a bottle of Buckfast....is what I remember of it.

Worst of all was going to work on New Year's Day. I slept in a storage cupboard for most of the shift.

Tips? If the weather's nice, encourage your companions to congregate in a nice, pastoral area. It might be cold, but nothing beats getting drunk in the great outdoors.
Think I might do a subcrawl for new years, only do one a year at the minute with my hockey club and we never get further than have way round, I think some peoples hearts just aren't in it
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Booz Hound
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Booz Hound »

Get rip roaring drunk... but on New Year’s everyone else does too.
Fear the Man, kill the snitch. Just remember life's a bitch.
- Motorhead

Oh nooo, my brain!
- Hans Moleman

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

My advice is: don't take it in the ass.
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

fiyah wrote:My advice is: don't take it in the ass.

He speaks from experience. BritishTypo gave him roofies.
I'll miss you, pallie.

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

BeerMakesMeSmart wrote:

...and I put them in BMMMMMS's s's's ass..
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

fiyah wrote:
BeerMakesMeSmart wrote:

...and I put them in BMMMMMS's s's's ass..
Don't cover it up, it's too obvious you like 'm

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Mr. Viking wrote:
Shane's Dentist wrote:Hopefully not a repeat of last year's subcrawl. Fifteen pints, countless cans of Tennent's and a bottle of Buckfast....is what I remember of it.

Think I might do a subcrawl for new years, only do one a year at the minute with my hockey club and we never get further than have way round, I think some peoples hearts just aren't in it
It can be fun. From my experience, people start to slow down dramatically after ten stops or so. Pathetic, really, but I just start drinking more at each stop.

Good luck with it if you wind up doing it!

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

MikeHarris wrote: As long as no one switched it on, mine would be to fill your washing machine with beer and cover it with ice
Heh, you can guarantee that some half drunk fuckwit would think it the best idea in the world to switch it on...

Anyway, my New Years Eve is never complete without some good single malt and a nice cigar - fireworks are also excellent.
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Meh
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Black eyed peas! In a can!
like tears in rain

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

Stock your bar with the best of the best and make sure there are plenty of whores at your party. Not necessarily working girls, but women of loose moral inhibitions. If you are throwing a party, it should be your goal that everyone gets blackout drunk, and everyone gets laid. If this doesn't turn into a giant orgy, then you have failed and the comet will hit you on purpose. Every party should list "everyone gets drunk" and "everyone gets laid" as its two primary goals. If it doesn't, then it's not a party that I would ever think of attending.