Happy New Years Drunks! Post it all here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: Happy New Years Eve Drunks!

Post by Rye and Coke »

Partied with a coworker and his friends; they were execs and he's a vice president of the company. There was booze everywhere and everyone, EVERYONE, was intent on getting wasted.

My coworker is a vodka guy, doesn't like Whiskey, despite the pressure from his girlfriend (who shared a bottle of Glenfiddich with me because no one else was drinking it). The Vodka was Tito's and Ketel One. There were also beers, lots of them; Mad Elf, Troeg's, was my favorite. Jack and Coke felt entirely out of place, because she wasn't accustomed to such a culture of drinking. This was until I suggested she try some Tito's and Pineapple.

She poured a stiff, three-finger slug of vodka (because she didn't know what she was doing) and mixed with pineapple, she downed the whole goddamn thing without thinking.

Needless to say, our night was vibrant with action...and I drove us home.

Still, we stuck it out and waited for the countdown. We kissed at the midnight and thank god, we will get this ghastly and god forsaken holiday and season in our rearview mirror, because I'm done with it all. I've had more than enough of the nonsense that I can stand.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:36 am
We kissed at the midnight and thank god,
There you go, motherfucker. Getting the new decade started right.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

The hardest part for me on New Years is staying up til midnight after drinking all day! But after a power nap, I made it until the wee hours of the morning.

Our NY "party" consisted of me, Oett, and Oldsmartskunk who is visiting from Lithuania. Badfellow and Bubblez joined on Skype but only Bubblez brought in the new year with us even though he still had hours to go for his. We broke out the champagne. Fireworks were exploding everywhere. Enjoyed the festivities for a bit before we played board games for a few hours such as "Sorry" and a German version of "Chutes and Ladders" - all hysterical when wasted. The game "Memory" is especially hard the older you get. It was perfect celebrating in the comfort of my own home with close friends and comfy warm fuzzy clothes.

Today I made a hearty breakfast of country sausage gravy with biscuits, homemade sausage and miscellaneous things like cinnamon rolls and hash browns...perhaps some fried eggs. Should be perfect for some hangover redemption for sure.

Tis the first day of 2020. Not sure why that is so hard to comprehend! Here's to a new year, drunkards! Wishing you all the best!
Okole maluna!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:10 am

Today I made a hearty breakfast of country sausage gravy with biscuits, homemade sausage and miscellaneous things like cinnamon rolls and hash browns...perhaps some fried eggs. Should be perfect for some hangover redemption for sure.

You'll make someone a great Wife someday! Happy New Year! Although I have to admit I don't think much of New Years these days. That's what happens when you hit your 60's because you know the Grim Reaper is starting to plan your demise.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:10 am
The hardest part for me on New Years is staying up til midnight after drinking all day! But after a power nap, I made it until the wee hours of the morning.

Our NY "party" consisted of me, Oett, and Oldsmartskunk who is visiting from Lithuania. Badfellow and Bubblez joined on Skype but only Bubblez brought in the new year with us even though he still had hours to go for his. We broke out the champagne. Fireworks were exploding everywhere. Enjoyed the festivities for a bit before we played board games for a few hours such as "Sorry" and a German version of "Chutes and Ladders" - all hysterical when wasted. The game "Memory" is especially hard the older you get. It was perfect celebrating in the comfort of my own home with close friends and comfy warm fuzzy clothes.

Tis the first day of 2020. Not sure why that is so hard to comprehend! Here's to a new year, drunkards! Wishing you all the best!

See, I can dig this. Few close friends, food, booze and fun. I love hanging out with my coworker as he's an honest-to-god good guy, it was his friends were a bit much. They all came from money and 100 percent acted like it. I don't know, it just felt all too judgey. This was especially true after Jack and Coke, because she was too hot, went in the bathroom and took off her sweater in favor of a faded New Mexico t-shirt that she's had for 20 years, lol. Here we are in the middle of this swanky shindig and my wife walks in with a shirt she literally wears to bed at night.

Me: Jack! What are you doing?!
Jack: Whaaat, is this okay? I thought it'd be okay!
Me: You know what, lol, you're perfectly fine!

Be you, don't hurt anyone, and fuck em if they can't handle it.
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Sammy wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:10 am

You'll make someone a great Wife someday!
Ehhh
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Happy New Years Day 2020!

Okole maluna!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Happy New Years Day 2020!

Post by Rye and Coke »

^ ^ ^

That bear and badger should be cleaning house right now...

Lotta good eating in that picture, especially gnome meat, which I hear is super tender and shrimp like

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:26 pm
May the bear raises a toast:

To the lemming, the Hamm's otter, the gnome, the mouse, the rabbit, the hedgehog, the sylph, the hare and the fox.

For whatever my wishes are worth, it is my wish of well being and limitlessness to thee, you the Drunkards, lifting that which we all carry upon our shoulders, souls and such in an ethyl breath on the upward draft of distilled wings.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

The mouse in the pic is hardcore, went straight for shots
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Happy new year thread

Hardcore Stig wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:54 pm
Well thought I'd start it so we have it all in one place....

Happy New Year to you all, hope you all have a fine drink in your hand come midnight, and remember there are many midnights across the world. I hope you all have a great 2011 and hope to meet a few more of you in person.
A well-said New Year's greeting resurrected from over ten years ago...still relevant today and my sentiments exactly. Sláinte fellow drunkards! It's our time to shine. Stay safe and watch out for amateur night!

Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Happy New Years Drunks! Post it all here:

Post by Badfellow »

Midnight is overrated. With this thought in mind, the bar hopping shall commence promptly at noon local time, and at the top of every hour I shall bust out bellowing "Happy New Year!" with a long toot of the party horn, thus reminding everyone that time is relative.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Again, like last year, this was a good year not only despite the pandemic, but because of it. Staying home, drinking, and writing have become a habit. Prior to the pandemic I would congratulate myself every weekend that I did NOT go to a bar. Even after they opened back up, I still rarely go. I bet I didn't go to the bars more than a half dozen times this year. Skype has taken their place. Although, like bars, Skype has its ups and downs, too. Here's my diary entry from November 14 of this year: "...[Oettinger] from Modern Drunkard Skyped me, but grew bored when I just sat there staring at the wall. He asked me if that's what I'd be doing if I wasn't on the call, and when I told him yes he seemed dismayed..."

Since March of 2020 when mandates were imposed to curtail the pandemic, I've added almost ten thousand dollars to my bank account. I wrote so much I had to split the stack of manuscripts so they wouldn't fall over. The clerks at the liquor store tell me as soon as I walk in the door where my preferred beer is if they've moved it since the last time. A handle of whiskey doesn't even last two weeks anymore. A box of wine only lasts one and a half sittings. Once when I took my trash out and looked into the Dumpster and saw three Franzia boxes I thought someone else in the complex must drink Franzia too, but they were all mine, betrayed by the soup cans stuffed into them when I threw them out.

So while I've seen multiple posts from Facebook friends wishing everyone a better 2022, I just want more of the same. I think I've finally gotten it right and I have that goddamb virus to thank for it.

6 PM and getting ready to pour that first glass of wine.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

No chance in hell I make it to midnight

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Happy new one everyone. I wouldn`t mind the pandemic crap to stop actually. Hugh seems to be the first person I know that likes it. But he also stares at walls for fun. I`ve been wasted for nine days straight now, that`s a pretty good ride into a new year of drunkeness
Drink!