Reasons why I quit AA

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Reasons why I quit AA

Post by Lush City »

Savage wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:04 am
One of my stepdaughters was ordered to go. She had to sit in a smoke-filled room, drink inky coffee, and listen to old people (late twenties to death) talk about hitting bottom, and then they would read from the big blue book. And then all the grownups would go across the street and buy booze. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to locate the AA hall there?
Well, the AA hall was a formerly notorious biker dive bar, lost in a court judgement.
Yeah, that is some tough territory and should be a real warning to drunkards everywhere. Beware of AA propaganda.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Reasons why I quit AA

Post by Savage »

One dead boring Sunday morning, tired of listening to three girls and an old man snore, I grabbed the nearest reading material (as our overseas shipment hade not yet arrived)
It was our daughter’s Big Blue Book.
I read it, and was especially interested to learn that originally, AA was a boys club. The first female member married one of the founders, I think—long time since I read that book, but the religious slant was obvious. Then AA girl woke up and we fried mushrooms Colette style and ate them all before the rest of the heathens woke up.
like tears in rain