Today in my neighborhood...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Today in my neighborhood...

Post by Lush City »

Ah, yes, a bit of the local flavor. So, what happened? Did some bum shit himself and pass out on the street or was there a homicide by some crazed asshole homeless sacred cow?
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Yeah, did some broken wine bottle stabbing take place? We want to know
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^Meanwhile on the other side of the globe in our 'hood...seriously messed up! Some of the world is on fire and we are buried under water!

Okole maluna!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:54 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgKkQfD3VVM

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:22 am
^ ^ ^Meanwhile on the other side of the globe in our 'hood...seriously messed up! Some of the world is on fire and we are buried under water!

This photo gave me a chill. That has to be some cold water. I'm going to need another round of booze to recover from that.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Did the Merkz come to Wupperdorf and tour the damage to Woolworth? Glad you guys are okay and on high ground.

Also noticed something else…
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:22 am
Looks like the credit for this photo goes to one "C. Otte". Hmmmmmmmm, is this but yet another of Oettinger’s many aliases and nefarious nicknames? Carl Otte: star photographer for the Wupperdorf Times?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:35 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBqVeeTMphs
jesus h. christ what is he on, meth? You're scaring me being so close to someone freaking out like that. Aren't you afraid?
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

That`s one trustworthy neighbour you have watch your pets, children, flowers etc...

Could`ve been beaten up Hugh. Be careful with those Methheads
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:06 am
Hugh wrote:
jesus h. christ what is he on, meth? You're scaring me being so close to someone freaking out like that. Aren't you afraid?
LOL, when I videoed him last night, I was drunk. But when I watched it this morning, I wondered what the hell I was thinking. I guess I must have *really* wanted to post it on Modern Drunkard.

BTW, that spot in the alley behind my apartment has provided a couple of videos here. That was the same spot I recorded the trumpeter and the bums back when the lockdown first started.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

"Be cool." Ha. Fire, Hugh.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

jesus h. christ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Hugh wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:03 pm
Hugh wrote:
LOL, when I videoed him last night, I was drunk. But when I watched it this morning, I wondered what the hell I was thinking. I guess I must have *really* wanted to post it on Modern Drunkard.

BTW, that spot in the alley behind my apartment has provided a couple of videos here. That was the same spot I recorded the trumpeter and the bums back when the lockdown first started.
We need to hook you up with the mighty YouTube algorithm so you get the billion views and the whiskey moneys. Seriously, you have a good eye, and it appears you have no shortage of interesting subject matter available in your neighborhood. I really want to see more, just please be careful. "Back off" was executed especially well.

What do we need to do to help get your ass rolling on this project? Your headed for Netflix, motherfucker.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I kinda miss setting aside empty cans and bottles for that neat and polite homeless guy who used to rummage through the trash cans on our street.
But then I remember that he stopped showing up around the time the recycling dropoffs closed. I miss our old Halloweens, which were notorious and insane, with hundreds of kids, many being driven in from other neighborhoods.

First it was that we were in a new neighborhood, so few neighbors. Then the Covid. Last year, the year that Halloweeners had been looking forward to for years, was a big fat no-show. This year, whatever happens, we will decorate. The plague rat, disease carrying monkeys cannot quench our spirit, Even if Newsom declares trick or treating forbidden, we shall display. Display, to bring a bit of light (well, darkness) to these sad times.

We have two new displays. A Reaper-Charon in the boat, and a dark angel, 7 ft. tall. These things took two guys to put them in our garage. With two other guys standing around watching. Why is it that a job that can be done by two women takes two men and two or three other men to stand around watching? I lived for eight years in Japan, and same thing is true there.

Mermaid skelly and her mourning boney friend will make their appearance too. Also that Reaper that sort of leaps out at the tots will be there to greet them.

Okay, so it is not the Saturday Halloween that we dreamed of for years. But no matter what, Grumpy will be retired from govserv so he has no excuse to not help me achieve my vision.
like tears in rain