The Island

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The Island

Post by Badfellow »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:53 pm
An island where drinking all the time is normal and expected?
Isn't there one already called Ireland?
and Australia, if you count that as an island
(then of course there's Iceland)
*Ireland is full of leprechauns. Dirty, little leprechauns.

*Australia is properly classified as a continent. Plus, their gun laws are ultra restrictive, leaving a person completely defenseless against kangaroos, leprechauns, Chinese, etc.

*Iceland? You need to be a millionaire just to drink bum wine there. Also, I believe the tax on such basic activities as pooping and masturbation is upwards of 50% in Iceland.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Badfellow wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 7:26 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:53 pm
An island where drinking all the time is normal and expected?
Isn't there one already called Ireland?
and Australia, if you count that as an island
(then of course there's Iceland)
*Ireland is full of leprechauns. Dirty, little leprechauns.

*Australia is properly classified as a continent. Plus, their gun laws are ultra restrictive, leaving a person completely defenseless against kangaroos, leprechauns, Chinese, etc.

*Iceland? You need to be a millionaire just to drink bum wine there. Also, I believe the tax on such basic activities as pooping and masturbation is upwards of 50% in Iceland.
Leprechauns, are fine, just leave them a dram of Whiskey at night and they'll leave you alone, The damn Menehunes you need to watch out for, those little guys are bastards, which why I left Hawaii off this list.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Iceland seems fine, but they only allow one of us in EVERY FIVE YEARS, and you can`t bring drink inside. And Björk is already in, so I`m out.
Ouback it is
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Ewwww...Bjork

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Told ya, it`s danger zone
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I'm on the island right now. It's gloriously sunny, but not too hot, and the sun has a pasty-girl protection shield. Tanner must go elsewhere, sorry. A gentle breeze is blowing, wait-- there's a grumbly sort of sound--oh, that's just Grumpy, snoring. Tropical cocktailsl and shots are served without having to order--it's automatic as soon as you can see glass at the bottom of your drink. The ocean waves sound so peaceful, and somewhere a tiki orchestra is playing. Everyone is welcome. Bring a few bottles. I mean, the drinks are free, but sometimes we run out before Sylvester gets back from a liquor run.
like tears in rain

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Savage wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 2:36 am
I'm on the island right now. It's gloriously sunny, but not too hot, and the sun has a pasty-girl protection shield. Tanner must go elsewhere, sorry. A gentle breeze is blowing, wait-- there's a grumbly sort of sound--oh, that's just Grumpy, snoring. Tropical cocktailsl and shots are served without having to order--it's automatic as soon as you can see glass at the bottom of your drink. The ocean waves sound so peaceful, and somewhere a tiki orchestra is playing. Everyone is welcome. Bring a few bottles. I mean, the drinks are free, but sometimes we run out before Sylvester gets back from a liquor run.
So, your at Lucky 13 in Alameda?

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 2:54 am
Savage wrote:
I don't know what that means.
like tears in rain

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Savage wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 4:58 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 2:54 am
Savage wrote:
I don't know what that means.
Alameda is an Island, next to Oakland Ca., Lucky 13 is a bar there

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Ha! funny. It does exist
Drink!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

oettinger wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 2:57 pm
Ha! funny. It does exist
Of course it does

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Savage wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:52 pm
There’s an island?
We all gotta dream or we die.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

While not the island, I am planning on buying some acreage in Alabama in a few years. Gonna start up where Mel Johnson stopped and build boozetown. Not his dream, more like boozevillage. A mini replica of the roadhouse and cabins for the residents. A retirement place for Drunkards. Thinking I should have the funds to get started in a little over five years.
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Bluespook wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:17 am
While not the island, I am planning on buying some acreage in Alabama in a few years. Gonna start up where Mel Johnson stopped and build boozetown. Not his dream, more like boozevillage. A mini replica of the roadhouse and cabins for the residents. A retirement place for Drunkards. Thinking I should have the funds to get started in a little over five years.
That’s a noble cause. Mayhap I could rustle up a still to contribute to the village. Something in the range of 250 gallons for starters should be enough to meet the basic needs of the community.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Bluespook wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:17 am
I just bought an RV so some RV pads with at least a 30 amp hookup would be nice. Add water and it would be better. Also a much cheaper start up. For us nomadic drunks. Or those that will be nomadic drunks when we get to retire.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice