Solid thing goes in glass with booze

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Solid thing goes in glass with booze

Post by steved2112 »

I don't have an ice maker. And I don't want to buy ice trays. But I'm pretty smart, and as I wandered the aisles of the Acme supermarket near me, I spotted plastic disposable shot glasses.

Brilliant!

I bought a sleeve, and now my freezer is stocked with half a dozen 2oz chunks of ice in the shape of a shot (well, five plus one in the making, at present). They go into a rocks glass, and over top of them goes 2oz of Bourbon (in the most recent cases Rebel Yell 100 proof), and the displacement and styling looks just fantastic. Tastes fantastic also. Plus it's another fun ritual to add to the whole boozification process. And let's not overlook the value of the ritual.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: Solid thing goes in glass with booze

Post by Rye and Coke »

steved2112 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:49 pm
I don't have an ice maker. And I don't want to buy ice trays. But I'm pretty smart, and as I wandered the aisles of the Acme supermarket near me, I spotted plastic disposable shot glasses.

Brilliant!

I bought a sleeve, and now my freezer is stocked with half a dozen 2oz chunks of ice in the shape of a shot (well, five plus one in the making, at present). They go into a rocks glass, and over top of them goes 2oz of Bourbon (in the most recent cases Rebel Yell 100 proof), and the displacement and styling looks just fantastic. Tastes fantastic also. Plus it's another fun ritual to add to the whole boozification process. And let's not overlook the value of the ritual.

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

all the kids are doing it
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

My grandfather hiked five miles each morning down to the river, just so he could harvest ice for the family’s breakfast martinis.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I have a D20 Ice mold and a Deathstar ice mold. I also sent Surreal one of the Deathstar ones in a HBE a few years ago.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice