The say what's on your mind thread ....

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Simple advice

Post by Merchant Seaman »

When in doubt, take a drink

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

If you're over 50 never trust a fart.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Patchez wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:59 pm
At any age, never trust an atom, they make up everything

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

You don’t spit in the wind.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Patchez wrote:
Farts at any age are treacherous. Many times have I been betrayed by a fart, never to learn my lesson.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Badfellow wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:06 am
Patchez wrote:
Farts at any age are treacherous. Many times have I been betrayed by a fart, never to learn my lesson.
Ever had a royal fart? It`s piss, shit and sneeze
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Not that this has anything to do with boozing

Post by Savage »

However, how old are you, are you a guy, and how much do you drink and what do you drink?

Grumpy went and got himself a haircut today, his first since Biden. For a retired MGySgt this was a huge sacrifice. He went about two or perhaps three degrees past a high and tight in the back, but he let the front go all little wavy curl in front. I guess because I told him it is so Tin-Tin cute. Not bad, since I usually see him from the front side. He drinks bourbon. Sometimes beer.

sorry. i am going crazy with this covid shit and am just this short of going out in the street and knocking off some plague rats. thank god right on into it someone up there decided that boozeatoriums constituted essential businesses.
like tears in rain

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Not that this has anything to do with boozing

Post by Mr Boozificator »

No need to apologise and I certainly hope that Grumpy and yourself are doing perfectly fine.
Please do not hurt the rats as the rats belong to us.
Etienne, with love and raising his glass to you.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

fiyah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by fiyah »

Love this story, Savage.
You're very good at putting your audience in your seat to watch your observations.
It was like I was there with you guys, and the day after.

Doesn't matter, you're doing well and, selfishly, I needed to know that bit of information.
22:21 Thirsty i was too drunk to be high
[13:22] <@Veen> I need to find the penis monster
[23:03] <@fabric> dont masturbate to me

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:02 pm
No need to apologise and I certainly hope that Grumpy and yourself are doing perfectly fine.
Please do not hurt the rats as the rats belong to us.
Etienne, with love and raising his glass to you.
Well! They may belong to you, but the average slob here is certainly no claim of mine!

Grumpy is fine, I have obtained permits to be medically seen to, kids and grandkids etc. fine.
Still drought, still perhaps-average temp 107F in afternoon, too lazy to centigrade. Suffice to say not pleasant. I miss the shore. Hate the near desert. BTW, are you out in it, or cozy at home, these days?

All the best from nearly Arizona, almost Mexico, California.

Over and out, Etienne.
like tears in rain

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Glad to hear all is well with Grumpy and yourself.

As for me, I'm 59, married two years, expecting our first child this November, currently living in Seattle, soon to be relocating to Georgia

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

I went crazy and senile reading this thread.

Still, good that Grumpy looks like Tin-Tin. I hope that doesn't make you Captain Haddock!
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

I'm 59, a man, I mostly drink Whiskey, normally neat, but at times I'll drink other stuff, a Blonco Tequila chased with a sangrita ( a real sangrita, not tomato juice with hot sauce)

My wife is a bit younger than me, and we're expecting our first child

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Did you know?

Post by Savage »

That if you type in "Drunkaard" it will take a really long time for you and the computer to figure out where the hell you intend to go?

Anyway, Halloween. Is almost here. Yes, if you ae a Halloweener, two and a half months is just barely enough time to start getting prepared. The serious peeps get in their orders by early July. A lot of the online stuff is sold out and Home Depot has released, and now, re-released their cool big stuff. I am looking forward to my shipments in the next week: a grim reaper/Charon on the boat and a huge, winged angel of death that says horrid things to you. Grumpy talked me out of the 12 foot skelly, (for the fifth or so year in a row) , which has been sold out for a while, about three days after it landed online and in the stores, and then re-landed and sold out immediately.

Here in Newsom land, Halloween trick-or treating may yet again be banned, but we WILL decorate this year; I have decided. Better all and sundry know that this is Halloween Central. At the old pink pile of stucco, we were so well known, that in addition to our couple of hundred neighbor kids, we had people driving in from all over the area. I estimated our crowds at maybe 1000 families each year, after the first few lean years. Once we got internet, and Halloween extreme yard decorating became an easier thing to accomplish, we really took off. Our first few years were totally amateur hour stuff, but I had fun deciding on each year's theme. We did skeleton disco, Skeleton poker game, skellies on a tropical vacation-luau, and so on. I emptied the thrift shops for skeleton wardrobe, then after a few years, I sold or re-donated all those props and went classic old fashioned gravestones, skellies and JOL's

Though this years front library window that makes it look like the house is on fire is going to be a first for us. With the old three-story house, I used to put a blue strobe light in an upper-deck window to let people driving in know where we were. We even had some old neighbors that moved away stop by with their kids to take pics and chat. .

By the way, for big stuff, Home Depot is the place. For other indoor and outdoor stuff, go Grandin Road. Killer headstones! The skelly stores I bought most of our guys from are sadly out of business. See Halloween Forum for killer ideas, btw. If you garage gets stuffed, buy a shed. We had one at the old house, and we bought one here when we moved in.

Oh, and don't forget, that many visitors will object to seeing you drinking bourbon out of a mug. Try to be discreet. Must set a good example for the TOTS- trick or treaters, don't you know.
like tears in rain

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

Last edited by shawnonious on Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits