Nightcaps

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Nightcaps

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Yes? No? Or "I'm already too drunk"

But if yea, alone, and what liquor?

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Nightcaps

Post by scream ale »

Yes.usually. It's often that extra bit of bourbon to ensure I have an epic headache when I wake up. All in good fun though.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Drink till you drop for myself. No need for Nightcaps when passed out
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^ Yep on the days I'm drinkin' all day I just carry on with the same drink (vodka & Sprite Zero) until my bed is calling. But sometimes during the cooler months, I enjoy a nice hot chocolate with milk (not water), Bailey's and vodka. Something about the heaviness of the hot chocolate
that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knocks me out.
Okole maluna!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

While we're on the subject, ever housed an after hours party?

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:19 pm
Yes? No? Or "I'm already too drunk"

But if yea, alone, and what liquor?
hmmmm not really..I never really think "I'll go to bed after this one" Pretty much constantly think I'm gonna have another until I'm no longer able.

I do like some of the rituals of the nightcap though so when my father in law visits he will wanna hit the sack around midnight and I'll have one with him......Something strong and preferable accompanied by a wood fire. The old man likes port and brandy mixed..it's a pansy southern thing but I tolerate it for him.
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:51 am
Pretty regularly....although not as often as I used to when I lived right in the town center.. I've always preferred having people back to mine after all the bars close than going to someone elses. I wake up in my own bed and you can buy booze all night here so don't to worry about no one bringing anything. The only problem is the mess and noise complaints but that's to worry about the next day.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

I actually have gotten into the habit of the nightcap because I have to wake up early to drop my daughter off at school as she is now too cool to ride the bus and can't drive.

If drinking is the war against the oncoming workday's drudgery, then the nightcap is a shameless tactical retreat.

It's like giving one last push, before realizing you're outnumbered and pulling back for the night. You'll be back tomorrow with twice the reinforcements, ready to take the walls of the Weekend's fort, screaming like a crying madman with yesterday's beer bottlecap in you teeth.

My nightcap is usually a Manhattan with Rye whiskey. Like Beno said, I like the ritual. I like to make it slowly and deliberately. It will more than likely be my only cocktail of the workday, so it has to be perfect -- perfect increments, perfect ingredients and perfectly constructed.

It's the perfect way to say goodnight to the good fight.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:23 pm

My nightcap is usually a Manhattan with Rye whiskey. Like Beno said, I like the ritual. I like to make it slowly and deliberately. It will more than likely be my only cocktail of the workday, so it has to be perfect -- perfect increments, perfect ingredients and perfectly constructed.

yeah man...it's time to pull out the big boy bottle as well.. whatever's the best shit you have.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:14 am
Rye and Coke wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:23 pm

yeah man...it's time to pull out the big boy bottle as well.. whatever's the best shit you have.
Edit: It's my only FANCY cocktail of the workday.

Vodka and lemonades and Gin and Tonics are the usual. But when I go to bed, I want to feel like, 'if this is it' and I don't wake up at least I put some work into the final drink.

Speaking of which, I need to head out and purchase a new bottle to usher in the weekend.

I'll be back in a few and maybe I'll get on with a few of you all

cheers....
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:51 am
When I lived near the bars downtown, always, till dawn. Once I woke up on a friends floor when I got a phone call from work "If I could fill in for a sick co-worker". I actually did because it was so uncomfortable laying on that wooden floor
Drink!