He's Only Hugh, Man

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: He's Only Hugh, Man

Post by Rye and Coke »

Dear Booze wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:21 am
Hugh's new book, "A Home to Crouch In" is now available on Amazon. Only $13.99

Order it today.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YTZ6TYH/re ... G4C19R5D3Q
done and done.

I'm trying to figure out a way to send it to him so he can sign it, but there's no guaranteeing I'd get it back, lol
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Tonight, at 6:00 Pacific time, Hugh's publisher is hosting a facebook live event with interviews and live readings. Tune in here: https://facebook.com/events/s/release-p ... 856332012/
DRINK!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Dear Booze wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:50 am
Tonight, at 6:00 Pacific time, Hugh's publisher is hosting a facebook live event with interviews and live readings. Tune in here: https://facebook.com/events/s/release-p ... 856332012/
Nice!
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Dear Booze wrote:
It's actually Saturday, May 14.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:09 pm
Dear Booze wrote:
Shit. I took the day off work for this.
DRINK!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

Dear Booze wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:08 pm
Hugh wrote:
Dear Booze wrote:
See, I don't even know if you're joking or not, but that'd be hilarious if you were serious.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:19 pm
Dear Booze wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:08 pm
Hugh wrote:

See, I don't even know if you're joking or not, but that'd be hilarious if you were serious.
It was worth every penny. Front row seats got by for 5k on the hungovermarket easy
Drink!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Happy Birthday to the Hugh Man. What do y'all think about celebrating with a swig of booze and a swig of beer?

Cheers Hugh!
DRINK!

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

Happy Birthday to our resident star writer! I'm gonna have to go find the cheapest whisky and have a shot in your honor, Hugh. Cheers!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Have a chillable red cake
Drink!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Happy Beerthday!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Hippie Beardday!
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Happy belated birthdizzle.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Party on sir!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

THE WEATHER CHANNEL
Full transcript of "The Weather Channel," August 20, 2023

JIM SOUSA: Good morning, I'm Jim Sousa in Los Angeles. Today we're keeping an eye on yet another extraordinarily severe weather event. Hurricanes in late August are not unusual, but the one aiming for the West Coast and threatening catastrophic and life-threatening flooding, that's uncharted territory.

NANCY WARD (Director, California Governor's Office of Emergency Services): Make no mistake, this is a very, very dangerous and significant storm.

JIM SOUSA: We will talk with two key officials preparing for Hurricane Hilary, expected to be a tropical storm when she hits Southern California, Palm Springs Mayor Grace Garner and San Diego resident Hugh Blanton.

Turning first to Mayor Gardner.

Mayor Gardner, certainly, you have been following the devastation this storm has inflicted on Maui. As the questions about the state and local response continue to grow, how is the city of Palm Springs preparing for the potential threat of this category three tropical storm?

Mayor Grace Garner: As you know, Jim, Palm Springs receives an average of about five inches per year. We're expecting about that same amount within the next twenty-four hours. We are bracing for mudslides and a few hours of wet roads. We will be issuing a advisory to all residents and visitors to remain indoors until it is safe to be outside.

JIM SOUSA: Thank you Madam Mayor. We will now turn to Hugh Blanton, in the Hillcrest neighborhood of San Diego. Hugh, you are outside your apartment. What do you see right now?

Hugh Blanton: You got a god-damn camera pointing at me, so you can see the exact same shit I can. It's not raining very hard but it's windy as shit.

JIM SOUSA: Thanks Hugh. It looks like you're wearing a poncho. Are you expecting the volume of rain to increase?

Hugh Blanton: I don't care about that shit. I'm wearing this thing to protect my glass of Franzia from these homeless ace-holes.

JIM SOUSA: Yes, we can see the large number of what looks to be un-homed persons.

Hugh Blanton: Un-homed? what kind of shit is that? of course these jack wagons are un-homed they don't live in homes. They're homeless. What kind of bullshit is this? I thought you wanted to talk about the weather.

JIM SOUSA: Yes. Well, with Hilary no longer a major hurricane, but still a major threat when it comes to its impacts, first for the Baja California and now in your neighborhood. This may be packing winds of at least fifty miles an hour. And the rain, I think, is going to be the worst problem.

Hugh Blanton: Yes. Okay. Yeah, it's going to rain and it's gonna be windy. What else do you think will happen? {IRISH GOODBYE}

JIM SOUSA: Indeed.
DRINK!