Liver & other health issues

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: Liver question

Post by BBoozer »

practice, practice, practice.

PFrank

Post by PFrank »

JimLahey wrote:A man tried to punch me in the liver once, he injured his hand.
LOL!

Anyway, I'd be curious about the effect of DNA on tolerance. Goodness knows most in my family, myself included, have a pretty damn high one.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Miklo wrote:DNA and tolerance play a big role, but you liver can only process a little at a time. In cases where peoples livers start to fail, or cerocis, or whatever, the liver processes less. A textbook functioning alcoholic towards the end of his career could get compleatly drunk of a small amount of alcohol and stay drunk for longer because the liver dosnt process it any more, or at a way slower rate.
So there is hope that one day I will again be a cheaper date?

Outstanding. I now have a new life goal.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

I wash myself with a rag on a stick.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Bread it and fry it with onions.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

PFrank

Post by PFrank »

peetie44 wrote:Bread it and fry it with onions.
LOL! mmmm grilled liver n' onions.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I need a stick.
The things I have learned from this forum...
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:I need a stick.
The things I have learned from this forum...
You said "The Things..."

Shit, wrong forum.

Anyhooo, MILK THISTLE. Buy it, take it. Daily.
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

Liver: Better to be one than to need one.
I'll miss you, pallie.

prbobo
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by prbobo »

The reason I asked this question is I used a couple of online bac calculators during my drinking sessions out of curiosity. The one I used is here
http://www.onlineconversion.com/bac.htm

Then I compare my results with these charts that show how the average person is affected, like this...
http://www.intheknowzone.com/substance- ... ation.html

I know both sites are just rough estimates especially the second site but my approximate bac and the effects do not match up at all. It's kind of comical to see that instead of sitting here surfing net I should be vomiting with a complete loss of motor skills.

Tariel
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Tariel »

prbobo wrote: I know both sites are just rough estimates especially the second site but my approximate bac and the effects do not match up at all. It's kind of comical to see that instead of sitting here surfing net I should be vomiting with a complete loss of motor skills.
Yup, they are shite, acc. to them I'd be confused, dizzy, emotional etc. approx. 2 hours after I wake up in the morning....oh wait.
To sit down with these men and deal with them as a representative of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride one's own dignity and to invite the disaster their treachery will bring upon us - Gen. Ridgeway

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

My question for you is, "who the fuck cares about livers?"
I'm not going to regulate my fun-awesome intake on the simple account that shit might happen. I know it's some breaking news, so call CNN... you're going to die, eventually. I'd rather die on my own terms, in a bitter deathmatch with my liver, than at a fucking desk somewhere, whimpering over the fucking keyboard.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Rooster wrote:My question for you is, "who the fuck cares about livers?"
I'm not going to regulate my fun-awesome intake on the simple account that shit might happen. I know it's some breaking news, so call CNN... you're going to die, eventually. I'd rather die on my own terms, in a bitter deathmatch with my liver, than at a fucking desk somewhere, whimpering over the fucking keyboard.
HARUMPH!

Hardcore Stig

Post by Hardcore Stig »

Allow me to actually refer to my biology dregree and my forensic masters for once! (it included a module on intoxicants)

Consistent drink has very little effect on how quickly tou process alcohol, it is more relevant in how you are effected by a given concetration. There is a variance in a person ability to process alcohol into sugars but it is more gentic than a reaction to exposure.

The impact of exposuere is more how your body reacts to the concentrations, and how much it effects you, this leads to a false positive in terms of booze out of your system that often sees drinkers caught by the morning after breathilzer, despite the fact that they are probably more in control of their faculties than a tired man.
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Hardcore Stig wrote:Allow me to actually refer to my biology dregree and my forensic masters for once! (it included a module on intoxicants)

Consistent drink has very little effect on how quickly tou process alcohol, it is more relevant in how you are effected by a given concetration. There is a variance in a person ability to process alcohol into sugars but it is more gentic than a reaction to exposure.

The impact of exposuere is more how your body reacts to the concentrations, and how much it effects you, this leads to a false positive in terms of booze out of your system that often sees drinkers caught by the morning after breathilzer, despite the fact that they are probably more in control of their faculties than a tired man.
He said you're all a bunch of sissies.