Lady Savage's Grumpy Chronicles

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re:

Post by Savage »

One for the Frog wrote:
Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:45 am
Worms are to be distilled.
I thought we were to be tanked.
like tears in rain

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Sad news

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Savage wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:00 pm
For those here who remember me and Grumpy, I just wanted to let you know that I am worried about him. He truly has become an old man. He sometimes sleeps as much as fifteen hours a day, if you count the two-hour nap he often takes. He conks out between seven and nine pm. and usually wakes up between eight and ten am. Maybe my math stinks, but I'm sure you get the idea......

Thanks for providing me a place to vent. You may return to your usual brilliance.
Sorry to hear about what you and Grumpy are going through, Lady Savage. I can't imagine how difficult it must be so see someone you care about debilitate before your eyes. Us drunkards are always here for you anytime.
Okole maluna!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Sad news

Post by Savage »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:26 am
Savage wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:00 pm
For those here who remember me and Grumpy, I just wanted to let you know that I am worried about him. He truly has become an old man. He sometimes sleeps as much as fifteen hours a day, if you count the two-hour nap he often takes. He conks out between seven and nine pm. and usually wakes up between eight and ten am. Maybe my math stinks, but I'm sure you get the idea......

Thanks for providing me a place to vent. You may return to your usual brilliance.
Sorry to hear about what you and Grumpy are going through, Lady Savage. I can't imagine how difficult it must be so see someone you care about debilitate before your eyes. Us drunkards are always here for you anytime.
Thanks. That helps.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Random shit

Post by Savage »

When I had my nervous breakdown--hey, YOU try living with Grumpy for 38 years, I was relieved to be taken to one of those quiet-time places, run strictly for profit, (not what they tell the IRS) that supposedly help supposed addicts to calm the f--- down. My dear departed brother was taken to one of those and hurt his leg rather badly. It was so silly, really. I went to the meetings, where some asshole would lecture us for a while, and then tell us to draw something with some worn-out felt markers on printer paper. I had already been to kindergarten, and at least there, we had crayons. I started staying in my room and reading, with my roomie, who did the same. She collapsed during a particularly grueling college year, so OBVIOUSLY, she must be insane. I awoke every morning at about three, (usually my bedtime) and went to the common room to see George, a beer drunk who was on first name status with the LAPD for falling asleep under trees in mini-parks near stores that sold beer. He kept tropical birds, but one of his sisters was taking care of them, so like me, no worries. I got a break from Grumpy, and he got a rest too. Not that it ever occurred to him to clean up or anything. Then there was the leopard lady. Her grown son committed her, I think it might have been because she liked pills. She even had leopard print sneakers. At three am. a bit much, but she had style. I decided to live up to the stereotype and came clothed in an enormous pink fleece bathrobe that would have fit Maude's much larger sister.
I had one meeting with the doc on staff. He read his script, but as my blood tests came out as clean as a baby, that was it. Hoo boy, how many drugs they dispensed to us every night. I filled the scrips when I got out, just to see what they were. Anti-psychotics? Wow, did that bring back memories, of when my darling (step) daughter had to take those. She said they gave her nightmares, so I threw them away. She is a wonderful woman today, creative and smart and a good mother. Married a POS but is now married to some French guy. Three wonderful children. Who says you can't have a Disney ending?

When you wish upon a star
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I love living on the banks of dee nile

Post by Savage »

Dee Nile is a good place, where I can pretend I am not slowly deteriorating from inherited kidney disease, and Grumpy is not a mentally deteriorating alcoholic, instead of the once fine drunkard that he was. When I met him, I was 25. He was an older man with three children. We married three months later. Many years passed,and he has begun to mentally deteriorate from extreme alcohol abuse. Occasionally he does not seem to know who I am. I live in the valley between worry and fear. My mother went this way. I try not to drink too much in case I have to drive him to the hospital.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: I love living on the banks of dee nile

Post by oettinger »

Ugh... I guess your career as a motivational speaker are numbered too. Tough times, drink up
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

OMG

Post by Savage »

I just this minute realized, I don't know why, that my dear husband was born right around, or possibly on, the day and month and year that my own departed mother graduated for high school. Yes, I knew he was a bit older, but damn. I think maybe he has aged out of AARP and straight into AAARP.

To which I say, this deserves another drink. Hurrray!
like tears in rain

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Re: OMG

Post by whiskeyprick »

Would he still interrupt us at 6AM during a drunkdial? any other weird qinlidinka you'd like to share about Grumpy?
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

whiskeyprick wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:37 pm
Would he still interrupt us at 6AM during a drunkdial? any other weird qinlidinka you'd like to share about Grumpy?
I meant qhinkidinks
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

fuck I spelled it wrong again, I think, it's a word

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

sad news

Post by Savage »

Middle of the night night owl post

No way to say it lightly, but Grumpy, in addition to a bit of cognitive decline, has been diagnosed with cancer. A lump on his gum, and we are looking at chemo, radiation, and of course, surgery. I tried to cheer him up a bit by reminding him how his brother had a similar cancer and is still with us, and how I survived the whole nine yards and it will be okay. He is having none of that. He is Eeyore. He is Grumpy. He is morose. Dealing with him is difficult, but I am sure he will be fine. I am seven years in and I feel sorry that he is such a negative thinker, but

well, if anyone here still knows who i am, he is sick and let's pray he gets well. O and O.
like tears in rain

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: sad news

Post by Badfellow »

Please let the Grumps know we are thinking of him and wish him a full, speedy recovery. Hang in there , Lady S.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Bacchus willing this is just a bump in the road. You gotta find him a hobby to tinker with. I think retirement doesn't agree with him.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Patchez wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:48 pm
Bacchus willing this is just a bump in the road. You gotta find him a hooker to tinker with. I think retirement doesn't agree with him.
Sage words, sir.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

He`ll live, he`s too grumpy not to
Drink!