Thompson’s Theories of Diet and Health

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Thompson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: Thompson’s Theories of Diet and Health

Post by Thompson »

You hit it right there on the head Badfellow. Great post! My situation is in flux. This day was hard, nothing worked, I did shit Thank God so that was a minor miracle since I haven’t eaten since I don’t when. However, nobody cares what Thompson eats, even Thompson doesn’t care what Thompson eats. But it was good to take a shit. One of those ones that float on top the toilet and really stink. Then all these wipes you gotta do, God Damn.

I was trying to lead up to an idea, but it’s gone pecan. I’ll think up another one. Right! This is a serious thread about diet and health. You have to pay attention to your diet and health. You can’t go around all cockeyed and crazy. You should always carry your Thompson pamphlet of Diet and Health in your back pocket.

Now sometimes things are rough. Like today. Woke up around ten and it took me twelve hours to regain my equilibrium. I got her back finally and I say to you brothers and sisters - Bottoms Up!
“Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.” — Harry Caray

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Okay, now things are clearer, now life doesn’t seem to have defeated me just yet. I’ve got the supplies including a fresh pack of Marlboro Red 72s. A week ago or so I was out of cigarettes so I hit on this snuff stuff, which works really, but tears your insides up. When my pamphlet comes out all of these tips and insights will be available.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Right now I’m back to feeling very punk. I had a shot of vodka which would normally help but didn’t. I did a dry heave in the garbage can because I’ve never thrown up but once. Took a slug of beer which helped, but something is wrong, or wrong tonight. Don’t know what to do really except grab another beer from the fridge and quit moping about everything.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Well, I smoked a joint is what I did and by golly I feel like a new man. I went outside and played harmonica for the cats and even waved to the gal across the street. So I thought earlier that I was about to see my maker, but so far I haven’t seen him. Oh yeah, this shot of vodka went down just fine. I do believe we are going to make it!

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

What is happening? How are feeling? What horrible things happened to you today? Did you eat a little something? Are you sure you are still alive? What is your name? What is wrong with you?

These are all questions that we must face up to every morning, but we don’t have to pay no fucking attention to ‘em. Four in the box and two on the floor (beers), plenty hard, short on cigarettes but plenty snuff left.
Last edited by Thompson on Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Thompson wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:55 pm
I went outside and played harmonica for the cats
My hero. Bring them some catnip next time to razzle-dazzle the show up a bit.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

Nausea wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:31 pm
Thompson wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:55 pm
I went outside and played harmonica for the cats
My hero. Bring them some catnip next time to razzle-dazzle the show up a bit.
That is the coolest video I’ve ever seen! That is over the top . Too much. Made my day! Cats have all that shit going on, and they are excellent dancers. I keep watching it and every next time it’s better than the time before. I don’t where you found that, Nausea, but it is priceless. The music is outstanding as well, just terrific.

Maybe I’ll have a bowl of chili with beans. Haven’t eaten in three days. I don’t know yet. I will watch and listen to that video again, and figure it out.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

No, I ate a pickle and said Fuck It. Once again I forgot what I going to say. A blessing to those who read this thread and others that don’t. Certainly there are calories galore in whiskey and beer, but everybody would admit the Nutrition is minimal. That is the reason, now I remember, for this thread. The best thing to do if you suffer from chronic pain and malnutrition is to hit that bottle as soon as you can find it, don’t answer the door when the police come knock on it, and blame the landlord for everything that’s wrong. Just keep talking, making no sense, that confuses people and you just keep talking and they end up going away.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

It’s a bit trickier on the Greyhound Bus. They have rules you see, about drinking, you can’t do it. Or get caught at it. They will throw you off the bus, right in the middle of nowhere. So I didn’t feel like being in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night so I traded my almost full pint to the bus driver and went back to my seat. He didn’t know I had a half pint hidden in my sock.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

So I was a lot sneakier with the half pint and didn’t get caught and didn’t have to trade the half pint to the bus driver to stay on the bus.

But I was thinking of something else. What was it? Give me a minute. Yes, the Greyhound Bus is far superior to the Amtrak. I will not go into details because that will take take too long and everybody likes a short post. And a short shot on the side. The beer is cold, I can still see (with my flashlight) to piss in the bucket, I ate a pickle, somebody knocked on the door but I didn’t answer it, so I’m good right now. Plus I have to edit my pamphlet a bit before I pass out.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

All these police and ambulance sirens, they make me think of song lyrics. I have two cigarettes left. Just took a healthy pull off the Burnett’s. The landlord and me are going to face off, I can feel it. I don’t know if I can take him. I probably can because I’ve been in a fight or two and he hasn’t, unless it was with one of his sisters. But he’s in good shape and younger. It should be easy enough though, I’ll just punch him three times (bam bam bam) in the fucking nose and then bite his ear off.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

There are times when you count your blessings. Other times when you bitch and moan about everything. Right now I am grateful as all get out to be inside, out of the heat, close to a toilet. When I think about being homeless and all the stress that comes with it, I look down and there is a bottle of vodka at the foot of the couch, and I think, at least for today, I am one lucky mother fucker.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

But now I do not feel lucky. I am sweating from my face all the way down. The sweat is dripping in my lap. It looks like I pissed my pants. Brand new phenomenon. My armpits are sweating like mad too, and they don’t sweat really, they stink sometimes but they don’t usually sweat. I feel very strange at the moment, but I’m not afraid, I’ve got a jug and a pack of smokes and six tall cold ones. I ain’t afraid of dying.

Thompson

Post by Thompson »

But I might be. You know if you get real close to the edge you can’t help but be afraid. In theory of course it’s different. Boy, you can be the big shot and laugh at death in the face and spout out how you did this and that, but that is not what happens, you go and hide in the bathroom.

I woke up this morning, I was laying in the bathroom.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Don`t be too worried:

"I tend to sweat heavily in warm climates. My clothes are soaking wet from dawn to dusk. This worried me at first, but when I went to a doctor and described my normal daily intake of booze, drugs and poison he told me to come back when the sweating stopped."

Hunter S. Thompson
Drink!