FREE HEALTH CARE!

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: FREE HEALTH CARE!

Post by felinamojokitty »

Ozz wrote: It's Israel that makes the real medical breakthoughs these days.
israel is smaller than the state of vermont yet over 1/3 of TOTAL american foriegn aid goes to israel every year-
that comes to about $26,000. for every united states citizen given to israel.

israel would not be where they are today without the USA
don't want to go into too much re:israel as there are many hot button topics.

to the non-usa posters there are so many 'non-health' issues tacked in to this bill/law
and the mandate disquises things as a tax so the IRS is the enforcers hence the gov't has wiggle room to say it is constitutional-those sneaky bastards!

also the way the votes were bought off angers many americans..the whole process was dirty..it is (should be illegal yet it is now blatanly in our faces)
lobbyists are just as bad and yes it happens but for something that is so opposed by the majority of americans shows this is not a representative republic.

the statement -if you like your plan you can keep it is false because the standards for acceptable coverage has not been determined
a fine or tax for not having insurance is crazy but it may prove to be cheaper to pay than get insurance for some individual.

let me ask non-americans-are your bank accounts real time accessed by your governmental collection for 'healthcare' ?
can they just deem you haven't paid enough, etc.? and can take that currency out of your account? beyond your paychecks..(akin to hand in your pocket on your wallet)

things have been set up way before and since bush sr. has been pres..slow incrementalism.
original tea party was started by libertarians/independents fed up with dem/rep very much grass roots.

so·cial·ism (ssh-lzm)
NOUN:

1.Any of various theories or systems of social organization in which the means of producing and distributing goods is owned collectively or by a centralized government that often plans and controls the economy.

2.The stage in Marxist-Leninist theory intermediate between capitalism and communism, in which collective ownership of the economy under the dictatorship of the proletariat has not yet been successfully achieved.

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

Hmm, a few things have changed since 1939, maybe you didn't notice the change so much in canada, but i assure you, the world has changed just a bit. And yes, it's despicable what happened to poland and is going on with israel, couldn't agree more. Apparently the hope didn't extend to those allies and it certainly wasn't the change they wanted. Crazy isn't it? Get buddy buddy with castro, or chavez, and alienate long term and very strategic friends... no logic there whatsoever.

Back to healthcare. Perhaps since the drug companies in America are so evil and are only interested in greed and keeping people alive with treatments rather than developing cures, some other company in canada can do that heavy lifting. Just think of how much money you guys could make, actually selling cures rather than treatments like our crack dealers... oops, i mean drug companies do. Hell, that could be huge, cure the diseases and crush our evil drug companies all at the same time, worth running that by your member of parliment i'd think. I'd take the time to suggest it myself, but i have no interest in what you do within the borders of your country
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.

Ozz
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Ozz »

felinamojokitty wrote:original tea party was started by libertarians/independents fed up with dem/rep very much grass roots.
And thats why both parties hate tea baggers, they're a threat to the democrats winning elections, and they're a threat to the existance of the ruling coprolites
of the GOP, if not the agent of destruction of that party, It has happened before, you won't see Whig or the Amercian parties on your ballot these days.

It's best that people not separate these sort of issues on national basis, the same battle is going on thoughout the western world, the same fights over freedom of speech, are occuring in every western country, fuelled by Saudi oil money, in both the media, the courts, and the streets. The same unpresented and betrayed people are in the EDL marches as the tea bag rallies.

An: example of this is Glenn Beck ripping Geert Wilders, he didn't do it the first time he interviewed him, Beck stays well away from covering any jihad
news, ever wonder why?

http://www.aim.org/press-release/saudi- ... -coverage/

Ever wonder why we'd invite Ann Couiter to Canada, Bait , Bait that they will not refuse. And thus we swell our ranks and rip their masks off.
The Experiment needs volunteers. Log your evening and share it with us.
http://www.drunkard.com/bbs/viewtopic.p ... 5#p1014210

Whisky Guy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Whisky Guy »

Bluespook wrote:i have no interest in what you do within the borders of your country
Fair enough. Then don't talk about Canada again if you have no interest in my country.
I should have made a second bag of popcorn!

Ozz
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Ozz »

Whisky Guy wrote:
Bluespook wrote:i have no interest in what you do within the borders of your country
Fair enough. Then don't talk about Canada again if you have no interest in my country.
Here I think I'll join you, I brought beer,popcorn and a movie "Der Sieg des Glaubens"
It's german, I know we shouldn't care what happens in germany, but it does have an all star cast.

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

Whisky Guy wrote:

Deal. I won't, and i trust you'd be willing to do the same? My whole point started by all the talk from people who aren't even american citizens about what we are doing with laws that are of an internal nature. I am not talking about canada and what happens there, i'm talking about how all you canadians are talking about what is going on here.

Whisky Guy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Whisky Guy »

For sure, except when it comes to booze of course! In that case, it is in each of our best interests to know what each country is doing to we can look for the latest drinks.

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

this is a cartoon made over 50 years ago..quite prophetic considering current developments..

regarding 'isms'

americans and non americans-take the time to watch it with your beer and popcorn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB6p5QPVhPI

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

Whisky Guy wrote:For sure, except when it comes to booze of course! In that case, it is in each of our best interests to know what each country is doing to we can look for the latest drinks.

Cheers! I'll drink to that.

Whisky Guy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Whisky Guy »

I would too but I feel like shit and if I even drink a light beer my keyboard will get sprayed with puke so I'll do that later.

Ozz
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Ozz »

Bluespook wrote:[My whole point started by all the talk from people who aren't even american citizens about what we are doing with laws that are of an internal nature. I am not talking about canada and what happens there, i'm talking about how all you canadians are talking about what is going on here.
Free speech at it's finest. What a example,

There is no "internal" nature, it effects us, just as your sub prime disaster effected us, just as that stimtus bribe package wiped out 8 years of paying down the national debt and destroyed a balanced budget in order to match Obamas bribes and keep our industries in Canada because of NAFTA.

I'll talk about anything I bloody well please.

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

Bluespook wrote: i have no interest in what you do within the borders of your country
Of course you don't, it's uninhabited!

I think we should all just lighten up and have a beverage, hmmmmmm?
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Well done, Two Hearted, I'm having a Two Hearted!

Good to see everybody getting something off thier chest. It's like Irish Alzheimer's, you forget everything but a grudge.

Too bad you have Bart Stupak as a congressman, though.

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

Ozz wrote:
Bluespook wrote:[My whole point started by all the talk from people who aren't even american citizens about what we are doing with laws that are of an internal nature. I am not talking about canada and what happens there, i'm talking about how all you canadians are talking about what is going on here.
Free speech at it's finest. What a example,

There is no "internal" nature, it effects us, just as your sub prime disaster effected us, just as that stimtus bribe package wiped out 8 years of paying down the national debt and destroyed a balanced budget in order to match Obamas bribes and keep our industries in Canada because of NAFTA.

I'll talk about anything I bloody well please.

Great thing about free speech, talk all you like. I'm done listening to you and that is me exercising my free speech. Now, where did i leave that beverage...

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

If you're interested in the health care debate then I'd suggest you check out a few of these videos. I promise they're well-produced and intelligent- not some shitty YouTube conspiracy theories.

Want Health Care? Get Some.
How to Fix Health Care
A True Tale of Canadian Health Care

And here's all the rest. I realize that these may throw a kink in the plans of anybody whose argument for government health care is simply to paint everyone who opposes it as nothing but a bunch of dumb racist rednecks with no intellectual ground to stand on- sorry.