No More Free Health Care

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: No More Free Health Care

Post by MeanOldLady »

i was working under the impression that the only people who can't afford to pay for their uninsured ER vists aren't vagrants.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

hoverdog
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by hoverdog »

I pledge defiance to the flag of the United Snakes of Captivity
And to the Republic for which it stands, I dip it in kerosene, and stick it up the ass of you know who and light it
One nation, under God--or else
One nation, under psychopath Pentagon gangsters, whose idea of democracy is concentration camps for the people who go and use the drugs that the government supplies themselves
One nation, under Wall Street:
If the cops and the President are all criminals, I might as well be one too, ha ha!
One Nation of tabloid robots who actually believe what they see on tv, but when asked about it say “I don’t care.”
One nation, drowning in its own garbage
Indivisible from the fall of Rome
With liberty and justice for all who can afford it
Burn, Baby, Burn
Old Glory
The Yankee Swastika
Burn, Baby, Burn
Burn, Baby, Burn
Whenever I see you I see red
If the Communists can do it, why can’t we
Throw the bastards out and try some real Democracy
Not by rich people
Not by Army people
Not by sons of senators sons of senators sons of senators sons
After all, have you noticed
The more they dole out Democracy over there
The more they take it away over here
Now, before it’s too late
Be a good boyscout
Take the Swastika
The Yankee Swastika
and let it
Burn
Burn
Burn, baby Burn
The last thing that anyone should ever do is feel ashamed of blacking out. You were trying to get drunk last night and, goddamnit, mission accomplished.

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

MeanOldLady wrote:i was working under the impression that the only people who can't afford to pay for their uninsured ER vists aren't vagrants.
again, a mistake. a lot of the 'i'll never get sick' 20-30 year old population don't get insurance, even though it may be available to them through their workplace, choose not to. then BOOM, their shit gets fucked up in a car wreck, bar fight, whatever, they hit the emergency room.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

hoverdog wrote:I pledge defiance to the flag of the United Snakes of Captivity
And to the Republic for which it stands, I dip it in kerosene, and stick it up the ass of you know who and light it
One nation, under psychopath Pentagon gangsters, whose idea of democracy is concentration camps for the people who go and use the drugs that the government supplies themselves
If the cops and the President are all criminals, I might as well be one too, ha ha!
One Nation of tabloid robots who actually believe what they see on tv, but when asked about it say “I don’t care.”
Burn, Baby, Burn
Old Glory
The Yankee Swastika
Burn, Baby, Burn
Burn, Baby, Burn
Not by rich people
Not by Army people
Be a good boyscout
Take the Swastika
The Yankee Swastika
and let it
Burn
Burn
Burn, baby Burn
No hyperbole there ..............
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

greygoose wrote:
MeanOldLady wrote:i was working under the impression that the only people who can't afford to pay for their uninsured ER vists aren't vagrants.
again, a mistake. a lot of the 'i'll never get sick' 20-30 year old population don't get insurance, even though it may be available to them through their workplace, choose not to. then BOOM, their shit gets fucked up in a car wreck, bar fight, whatever, they hit the emergency room.
i know. that's what i said. i said i'm under the impression that they all aren't vagrants. are not. i'll forgive you for misreading; you've probably been drinking.

there's also the lot that work crappy jobs that don't offer insurance, who can't afford to purchase a private plan on their own, or work for crappy companies whose insurance plans are ridonkulously unaffordable. for them, their insurance is praying nothing bad happens. it's an excellent plan if it works!
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

hoverdog wrote:If the Communists can do it, why can’t we
Is somebody really using the history of communist governments as a model to reform the US? I mean, I know it helps to get laid on college campuses but come on

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

MeanOldLady wrote:
greygoose wrote:
i know. that's what i said. i said i'm under the impression that they all aren't vagrants. are not. i'll forgive you for misreading; you've probably been drinking.

there's also the lot that work crappy jobs that don't offer insurance, who can't afford to purchase a private plan on their own, or work for crappy companies whose insurance plans are ridonkulously unaffordable. for them, their insurance is praying nothing bad happens. it's an excellent plan if it works!
This is the reason I work at a crappy job

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

coqui_chris wrote:This is the reason I work at a crappy job
i thought you did it because they paid you under the table.

grippingthewheel
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by grippingthewheel »

coqui_chris wrote:
hoverdog wrote:I pledge defiance to the flag of the United Snakes of Captivity
Burn, Baby, Burn
Old Glory
The Yankee Swastika
Burn, Baby, Burn
Burn, Baby, Burn
Not by rich people
Not by Army people
Be a good boyscout
Take the Swastika
The Yankee Swastika
and let it
Burn
Burn
Burn, baby Burn
No hyperbole there ..............
Maya Angelou has kicked it up a notch.
"Please welcomce in all his diluted glory the man whose story writes itself not unlike mine who feveriously types awaiting his next sip before the whipping, anticiapation is making me want to strangle someone." ~whiskyprick

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

MeanOldLady wrote:
coqui_chris wrote:This is the reason I work at a crappy job
i thought you did it because they paid you under the table.
No, I work there nights/weekends because the crappy job that pays for healthcare doesn't pay me enough to live a decent life. Even with the monthly insurance bill covered.

nic the chick
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by nic the chick »

i pay A TON to cover my three dependents. if some of that money that i'm already paying helps a part-time waitress who went out and got loaded stitch up a busted nose, so be it.
i know it's not free; i'm not an idiot. but i am all for my fellow 'mericans getting help. if that makes me a commie, oh well-- i've been called worse by smarter people.
For a forreal party, you needs to be takin a mirror off of the wall and shit.
~anonymous

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Looks like we can mark this as the first time ever that SNL completely stopped making fun of the President entirely. All the Sarah Palin jokes were funny though I guess.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Having lived all my life in a state with a strong Democratic majority, I've always been surprised that that Democrat Party doesn't have a complete majority over all branches of government. Considering that the average IQ in the US is around 100, it'd seem like the "We'll give you lots of stuff for free!" angle would go over great among voters. It takes at least a semblance of critical thinking to understand that all federal spending is taxation, and at least a little economic education to understand its negative effects on unemployment, inflation, and the interest rate. The Democratic Party is doing a lot of things wrong- they should always be winning by a landslide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

Chimneyfish wrote:Having lived all my life in a state with a strong Democratic majority, I've always been surprised that that Democrat Party doesn't have a complete majority over all branches of government. Considering that the average IQ in the US is around 100, it'd seem like the "We'll give you lots of stuff for free!" angle would go over great among voters. It takes at least a semblance of critical thinking to understand that all federal spending is taxation, and at least a little economic education to understand its negative effects on unemployment, inflation, and the interest rate. The Democratic Party is doing a lot of things wrong- they should always be winning by a landslide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

The people who benefit the most by a democratic majority are often not likely to vote. That's why they promise the moon and only a slim majority vote for them.
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

MSNBC's quest to bring the issue of race into every conceivable political issue is even getting too ridiculous for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=622o119IHjM