Margaret Thatcher

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Margaret Thatcher

Post by The Limey »

LoL.

The English and the Irish (and of course the Scottish) were born together. We age together, and we will die together. We are the same family and the same blood -- despite all the Anglo Saxon/Celt BS that we are told to enforce a sense of division. We have the same humour, and the same culture, the same faces. We fall out and we make up, this we do after a millenia of awful political manipulative skirmishes, always without the support of honest people. A testament to the fact that deep down we know we are the same. Currently we're still making up politically, but generally as real people we're already there. The Irish make the English very welcome as visitors, and vice versa, despite occasional deep scars.

And then there is the occasional idiot. That just doesn't get it and thinks raking up bias BS is in their own way, fighting the brave fight.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Do Not Feed The Troll.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

tdcwillies wrote:Do Not Feed The Troll.
Sound advice.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Heard it didn't get played on the air, though. And they're even silencing Big Ben so he can't play "Ding Dong"
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

coqui_chris wrote:Heard it didn't get played on the air, though. And they're even silencing Big Ben so he can't play "Ding Dong"
Where you are getting this guff, really? I have heard it on the air; on local and independent radio as well as the BBC. As for Big Ben not chiming, that is standard practice for a State Funeral.
P.S. I am not a fan of hers and voted against her at every opportunity.
peetie44 wrote:#1 with a bullet...
You may be thinking of John Lennon, who never had a solo number one until...
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Palinka wrote:
coqui_chris wrote:Heard it didn't get played on the air, though. And they're even silencing Big Ben so he can't play "Ding Dong"
Where you are getting this guff, really? I have heard it on the air; on local and independent radio as well as the BBC. As for Big Ben not chiming, that is standard practice for a State Funeral.
P.S. I am not a fan of hers and voted against her at every opportunity.
peetie44 wrote:#1 with a bullet...
You may be thinking of John Lennon, who never had a solo number one until...
The British Broadcasting Corporation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22126940

Interesting that she gets a State Funeral funded by tax dollars after being such a fan of Privatization.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

coqui_chris wrote:...she gets a State Funeral funded by tax dollars after being such a fan of Privatization.
Really? The US are paying? Silly old me, I thought it was us.

Idiot.

Anyway, she is dead, as is this thread.
ドロンケン
ImageImage