Margaret Thatcher

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Margaret Thatcher

Post by Mr. Viking »

but for the UK to keep giving us all our money
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Mr. Viking wrote:but for the UK to keep giving us all our money
There's the economic rub

In 6 counties they serve KING

In the other 26 serve KAISER
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/community/c ... -1-3986939
Sinn Fein has been trapped, stuffed and mounted and unionism is stronger today than it has ever been. It never needed majority rule to secure its base. What it needed most was a political arrangement – inside the United Kingdom – endorsed by a majority of people across Ireland and underwritten by the British, Irish and American governments. That’s what it now has and Sinn Fein (with Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams in particular) has been instrumental in securing that arrangement.
The organisation was heavily infiltrated by British security. Terror alone was replaced with terror and politics. Sinn Fein is now in Stormont, Westminster and the Dail. It has accepted an internal settlement and the border separating the UK from the rest of Ireland. It co-governs with the DUP. It has stood down the IRA and the Army Council. It has decommissioned the arsenals. It has accepted a local police force. It has accepted the criminal justice system.

When I say that ‘Brits out’ has been replaced with ‘Sinn Fein in,’ I really do mean it: for other than moving into Buckingham Palace and curling up like an old green corgi at the foot of the Queen’s bed, I’m not sure how much more Sinn Fein could do to indicate that their war has been lost and the surrender terms penned by the British.

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

I go to Limerick in August (thank God for the school holidays) and intend to do a little Anglo-Irish bridgebuilding myself. It will come in the shape of a pint.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:I go to Limerick in August (thank God for the school holidays) and intend to do a little Anglo-Irish bridgebuilding myself. It will come in the shape of a pint.
Now that's the kind of bridge-building I can get behind!

The point of a boot? Not so much ...

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

coqui_chris wrote:
GinSoakedGirl wrote:I go to Limerick in August (thank God for the school holidays) and intend to do a little Anglo-Irish bridgebuilding myself. It will come in the shape of a pint.

Knowing my mother's family? There'll probably be some pointy boots along the way...
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

WWDJFD?

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:
coqui_chris wrote:

Knowing my mother's family? There'll probably be some pointy boots along the way...
You're a tough gal, I know you can hold your own

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

coqui_chris wrote:
GinSoakedGirl wrote:
coqui_chris wrote:Now that's the kind of bridge-building I can get behind!

Ha, I know pretty much how to keep 'em in line yes. Being a girl has its benefits when your mother traitorously married a Cornishman.

WWDJFD?

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:
coqui_chris wrote:
GinSoakedGirl wrote:
Ha, I know pretty much how to keep 'em in line yes. Being a girl has its benefits when your mother traitorously married a Cornishman.
The Pint's Half-Full ... At least he's not Anglo-Saxon!

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

The northern Germans brought order to that damn island!
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

frankennietzsche wrote:The northern Germans brought order to that damn island!
SHADDUP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOOTKA0aGI0

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

And to those who lie behind me, may your courage be the same
And I pray to God my life is not in vain
Ah but sad and bitter was the year of 1981
For everything I've lost and nothing's won

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybcgc8BQlQQ

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

GinSoakedGirl wrote: I go to Limerick in August
Ah, give us a shout - meet ya for a few pints. :)

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I used to have an Exploited t-shirt (sleeveless, natch.) Ont he front was the famed, mowhawked skull. On the back was an caricature of Thatcher, Reagan and someone else with marionette troops and tanks with "Let's Start a War!" emblazoned. Idiot self "loaned" it to a girlfriend. Gone for good. Still have the vinyl, though.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

frankennietzsche wrote:I used to have an Exploited t-shirt (sleeveless, natch.) Ont he front was the famed, mowhawked skull. On the back was an caricature of Thatcher, Reagan and someone else with marionette troops and tanks with "Let's Start a War!" emblazoned. Idiot self "loaned" it to a girlfriend. Gone for good. Still have the vinyl, though.

Yeah, I can see you wearing a vinyl shirt, weirdo.
I'll miss you, pallie.