Margaret Thatcher

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Margaret Thatcher

Post by peetie44 »

...the new bio-pic starring Meryl Streep. I haven't seen it but want to.

Anyone seen it yet?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 0483.story
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Margaret Thatcher

Post by Mr. Viking »

couple of my friends have, and both of them liked it, one has been to see it twice
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

A lot of strong opinions out there, but I do believe that these men were taken advantage of by the leaders of Sinn Fein / IRA, to score political points. They are as much to blame as Margaret Thatcher, who didn't really have he power to fulfill their demands, but anyway, anybody else heard that one about never talking about religion, politics, or money in civilized company
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Mr. Viking wrote:A lot of strong opinions out there, but I do believe that these men were taken advantage of by the leaders of Sinn Fein / IRA, to score political points. They are as much to blame as Margaret Thatcher, who didn't really have he power to fulfill their demands, but anyway, anybody else heard that one about never talking about religion, politics, or money in civilized company
The leaders of Sinn Fein/IRA weren't supportive of the Hunger Strike. Primary source communications smuggled out of Long Kesh demonstrate that the Hunger Strikers were obstinate it moving forward with the strike in direct-opposition to outside leadership's wishes and concerns.

I love how this myth still gets trumped out 30 years later. I wonder if in 30 years we'll still be hearing the "Barack Obama's a Muslim Secret-Agent" myth? They're both as baseless.

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I thought Bobby Sands was in charge of the IRA prisoners in the Maze prizon

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

much more interesting than arguing about who killed who, I lived 3 miles from the maze prison all my life until I moved to scotland, and you could see it out the back of one of my best friends houses. His dad was telling us about watching all the different lights and torches spreading out from it after the 1983 prison break, said it was one of the most surreal and terrifying things he ever saw

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Mr. Viking wrote:I thought Bobby Sands was in charge of the IRA prisoners in the Maze prizon
Yeah, he was O/C in the H-Blocks, but the IRA leadership outside was pretty hesitant about calling a Hunger Strike. Most of the leadership outside thought that the blanket and dirty protests really sapped resources towards public relations that could be better used for the armed conflict on the outside. At that time the prevailing thought was that the entire struggle was fought outside and that once you went into the blocks it was kind of like a hockey penalty box -- you were out of the game. Apparently Gerry Adams, who had spent time incarcerated in the H-Blocks was one of their lone champions on the outside who saw the usefulness of continuing to struggle inside.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Mr. Viking wrote:much more interesting than arguing about who killed who, I lived 3 miles from the maze prison all my life until I moved to scotland, and you could see it out the back of one of my best friends houses. His dad was telling us about watching all the different lights and torches spreading out from it after the 1983 prison break, said it was one of the most surreal and terrifying things he ever saw
Wow, that's pretty awesome.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I can't think of Thatcher without the Exploited playing in my head.

I wonder what's up with her son that tried to bankroll that coup in Africa...

(http://www.africalegalbrief.com/index.p ... sasa-.html)
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

Yep, will definately be watching the film. I think she was one of our greatest Prime Ministers - not without a few controversies though...
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

HE WAS A POET AND A SOLDIER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6aWxDJlD_4

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

I'll miss you, pallie.

Lush30
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Lush30 »

I am not and never have been a supporter of the Tory Twats (nor their new-found puppet the Lib Dems)and I make no bones about it but this film is one that I would like to see.
I'm not an alcoholic, I'm just passionate about alcohol ; )

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »