Things that make you mad.

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Things that make you mad.

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Idiots who stand in doorways, who the fuck raised these people?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:00 am
They are either old or were raised in a barn or both. I think I posted something similar to this at some point in time in the Shit We Hate thread. I absolutely loathe the people standing in the gawd damn way. I especially see a lot of old people doing it. Right when you walk into the grocery store and BOOM there's some elderly (and presumably confused) person standing right in the doorway and you can't get around them with your shopping cart. I can't believe that it's never occurred to these people to just stand off to the side if ya feel the urge to stand meaninglessly. oett and I even made a joke that we wished we could play a drinking game out of it because it happens so often. What's even more comical is that inevitably at some point, that same person ends up standing in the way again in a different part of the store, whether it be loitering in front of the bacon where we can't access it or blocking an aisle.

It also happens in the parking lot. There's always a confused old person standing in the middle of the parking lot where you actually have to drive- not in a parking stall or something. I think even if I had dementia, I would still know to GTFO of the way.

I also hate it when you're walking behind someone and then they stop suddenly. I'm also not a big fan of people in general either so there's that.
Okole maluna!

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:39 am
Merchant Seaman wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:00 am
They are either old or were raised in a barn or both. I think I posted something similar to this at some point in time in the Shit We Hate thread. I absolutely loathe the people standing in the gawd damn way. I especially see a lot of old people doing it. Right when you walk into the grocery store and BOOM there's some elderly (and presumably confused) person standing right in the doorway and you can't get around them with your shopping cart. I can't believe that it's never occurred to these people to just stand off to the side if ya feel the urge to stand meaninglessly. oett and I even made a joke that we wished we could play a drinking game out of it because it happens so often. What's even more comical is that inevitably at some point, that same person ends up standing in the way again in a different part of the store, whether it be loitering in front of the bacon where we can't access it or blocking an aisle.

It also happens in the parking lot. There's always a confused old person standing in the middle of the parking lot where you actually have to drive- not in a parking stall or something. I think even if I had dementia, I would still know to GTFO of the way.

I also hate it when you're walking behind someone and then they stop suddenly. I'm also not a big fan of people in general either so there's that.
I have noticed this a lot lately too. I don't mind so much when it's the elderly who are doing it. It's the fucking younger people who were never taught manners that get to me. FUCK! What has happened to this new generation of fuck heads?

It's not all of them. Not by a long shot. But there are enough of them to really notice the sea change. I blame the week parents for making the next generation even weaker.
DRINK!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I try to give the elderly and senile a break but they're still frustrating. I agree it's so much worse when they're younger. Like when they're my age, a little younger. I'm on the verge of screaming "you make us all look retarded! Pull you're head out of your ass!" all the time.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Okay, I had to laugh at this. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and encountered the assholes that wouldn't get out of the way. I was trying to pick up one fucking item on one single isle but couldn't do it quickly because of the stupid, slow moving adult who was pushing a cart directly towards me. I moved to the side to let her by, but couldn't pass her because of her two little kids who were dancing down the isle behind her. There was no direction from mom to the kids to get out of the way, no excuse me, or even a glance back at the children. I was the asshole.

In hindsight, I should have kidnapped one of the kids to see how long it would have taken mom to realize her kid was missing.

Geese walking across the road have more sense than her.
DRINK!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

While we’re on the subject, there’s a grocery store customer type I like to call Big Bertha.

She’s the one who always takes advantage of the complimentary mobility scooter offered by most of the larger chain stores. Clad in her finest spandex and a wildly inappropriate halter top, Bertha’s only real disability is her dependency on marshmallow cookies as well as a highly underdeveloped sense of what other people call "good manners". Needless to say, Big Bertha gives absolutely zero fucks about such things as blocking aisles or crushing peoples toes beneath her massive girth.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

And related...
idiots who congregate in front of a service bar, get your drink and move over, DO NOT stand there and B.S. with your buddy-pals

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Badfellow wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:27 am
While we’re on the subject, there’s a grocery store customer type I like to call Big Bertha.

She’s the one who always takes advantage of the complimentary mobility scooter offered by most of the larger chain stores. Clad in her finest spandex and a wildly inappropriate halter top, Bertha’s only real disability is her dependency on marshmallow cookies as well as a highly underdeveloped sense of what other people call "good manners". Needless to say, Big Bertha gives absolutely zero fucks about such things as blocking aisles or crushing peoples toes beneath her massive girth.
Deutschland doesn't have mobility scooters. You aren't allowed to be disabled in Germany. It's disabled-unfriendly. Seriously.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

I think it's safe to say that these "people in the way" idiots are also the same assholes that drive slow in the left lane.
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:00 am
Badfellow wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:27 am

Deutschland doesn't have mobility scooters. You aren't allowed to be disabled in Germany. It's disabled-unfriendly. Seriously.
I thought Germany just euthanized their disabled. Along with the feeble minded, Jews, homosexuals, etc.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:02 am
I think it's safe to say that these "people in the way" idiots are also the same assholes that drive slow in the left lane.
Also the same ones that tear ass out of parking lots cutting across traffic lanes nearly causing accidents and then they slow to a crawl. It's like they almost kill everyone then decide "nah...I'll just waste everyone's time instead".

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

People who don't put tools back.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

People not ordering doubles during happy hour.

Yes, I`ve seen it
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:36 pm
People who don't put tools back.
Similar to this, people who don't put battery-charged tools back on the charger after use.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Large numbers of jellies, sqid, eels and small fish clogging up a sea strainer.

Related, wipers who cry, "why do I have to clean the sea strainer?!"