"Net Migration Paterns for US Counties"

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

"Net Migration Paterns for US Counties"

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Net Migration Paterns for US Counties
Every year, about 10 million Americans move from one county to another. Migration rates vary by age, race, and ethnicity and with local and national social and economic conditions over time. Still, individual counties' patterns of age-specific migration tend to be consistent over time telling demographic stories about local places. This website highlights these stories by providing reliable estimates of net migration broken down by age, race, Hispanic-origin, and sex for all U.S. counties each decade from 1950 to 2010.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: "Net Migration Paterns for US Counties"

Post by mistah willies »

Very interesting, if you click through the various maps. My own inebriated assessment is that other than the obvious (old foklsm tenbd to move to FLA and ABQ) what's really cool is that after age 75, them folks are moving back north. probably against their will. Maybe they aren't even aware of it?

The racial profiles indicate that folks are moving away from the cities to the rural pops. or they just multiplying, taking over?

Sadly, no mention of Injuns.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

My planned retirement territory seems to show people leaving. Hopefully in the years to come my retirement dollar will stretch further there.
Eastern Kentucky someday we will call you home.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Patchez wrote: Eastern Kentucky someday we will call you home.
Careful. Only four counties in Eastern Kentucky are fully wet. Most are completely dry.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to find out which ones are wet so as to narrow my land search.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Here's a map.

Things are changing every election cycle, but a lot of counties continuously vote to remain dry. Also, "moist" means that it may be country clubs, wineries, within certain town limits or the local Applebee's are the only place to imbide. Virginy ain't much better, if Appalachia is where you seak to hang your hat. The good news is: moonshine.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^

Hmm.

I was in Philadelphia once and I had to purchase beers from a pub, within staggering distancd form the hotel.

I was in PHI only once because of that.

SteveD, please elucidate me about them blue laws you got in PA?

^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I'm also a Pennsylvania resident mistah willies. Which blue laws are you seeking answers to? If it was a Sunday, then yes in the past no liquor stores(state stores, run by the PA LCB) or beer distributors would have been open. This law has been relaxed as of late with a limited number of state store in a given area being open for about 5 hours and now beer distributors are allowed Sunday hours as well.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Thank you Patchez.

You know, we up heah in what has come to be known as "Maine" have also been knocking down them old blue laws.

Twenty years ago, is was still unlawful for any store over 5000 sq/ft to remain open on a Sunday.

Booze on Sundays is now available as well (Finally). But hey, when you know that Sunday is unavailable for pruchase of the lovely elixir of life, then it's quite "rookie" to find yourself without any on that day. Vanilla extract or mouthwash? Well, that is one fine-smelling Drunkard...

Stock up, and if you have to ask yourself if it's enough, what you have bought, then the answer is NO.

Be kind to yourself.

Hide some extra stuff when you are not dancing with lovely Lady Ethyl, and you might not find it at the end of the binge. Then, as dawn approaches, and the birds start chirping and dogs are barking, you will remember them.

Sometimes, the bill payer that is you can be nice to the fun one that climbs out of the bottle and makes the party...

I visited Philadelphia for work and could not find a place that would sell me a rack of brewskies other than a pub. And that was fucking expensive you know. Then again, it was in 2007. Maybe things there have changed since then?

Makes me want to DRINK!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Cheers!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

frankennietzsche wrote:Here's a map.

Things are changing every election cycle, but a lot of counties continuously vote to remain dry. Also, "moist" means that it may be country clubs, wineries, within certain town limits or the local Applebee's are the only place to imbide. Virginy ain't much better, if Appalachia is where you seak to hang your hat. The good news is: moonshine.
Ya know, I keep coming back to this.

Damn fine find my favorite fiend