Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Thoughts On Trump and The Freak Show That Surrounds Him?

Post by Lush City »

TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:33 pm
A question I had for everyone: if the character of Donald Trump was more similar to how politicans were beforehand would his politics hold less controversy and furor?
I looks to me you are confused. Trump is a populist. That means he's independent and he is not beholding to donors. He was a people's choice and the deep state did not want him. That includes Republicans to this very day. Populists were rare and the establishment would always try to destroy them.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by TheDrunkardAnglo »

Lush City wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:37 am
TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
A question I had for everyone: if the character of Donald Trump was more similar to how politicans were beforehand would his politics hold less controversy and furor?
I looks to me you are confused. Trump is a populist. That means he's independent and he is not beholding to donors. He was a people's choice and the deep state did not want him. That includes Republicans to this very day. Populists were rare and the establishment would always try to destroy them.
That's a really inventive way to avoid my question altogether. Well done.

I think its perfectly possible to be a populist and yet sound very much like a politican. Enoch Powell for example. My question if Trump didn't communicate like a reality tv star, would his politics be less controversial?
Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:06 am
Lush City wrote:
TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:

I think its perfectly possible to be a populist and yet sound very much like a politican. Enoch Powell for example. My question if Trump didn't communicate like a reality tv star, would his politics be less controversial?
Yes. It`s the media that stirs the pot.
Atleast it would make it less controversial for the masses.

I hope that makes sense
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
This is a valid point. I know more than one person who, when given the actual stance on an issue without naming names or party affiliation, more times than not they agreed with Trump. I feel that many voted not for Joe but against Trump, because he is lewd, crude, mustardy, and talked about grabbing pussys. Then again that is why many of us yuckabillys voted for Trump.

Also, yes the media should take a lot of the blame for this. They don't report what he actually says, they report their worst possible interpretation of the words he used, sometimes words he didn't use. And it's always the worst thing a human has ever done. He is Hitler. You should riot.
All that shit doesn't matter. As long as they can keep us divided by race, class, gender, hat size, or whatever .

Also I think the next time we should skip the elections and just have the candidates bareknuckle box. If any sissies think that is too rough we can go with an anal bead tug-o-war, winner take all.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Lush City wrote:
TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:

Well absolutely, I'm surprised you are asking such a question. There is always a sales job involved and Trump had a firmly established media persona before 2016. Ron Paul is an example of what a pure populist with very little media swag or any swag at all. He ended in total humiliating defeat at the conventions for two consecutive elections! What a loser but a pure constitutional conservative with a ton of primary winning voters behind him.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:17 pm
pure populist with very little media swag or any swag at all.
Jeapordy: Who was Ted Cruz?
Drink!

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Lush City wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:17 pm
TheDrunkardAnglo wrote:
Lush City wrote:

Well absolutely, I'm surprised you are asking such a question. There is always a sales job involved and Trump had a firmly established media persona before 2016. Ron Paul is an example of what a pure populist with very little media swag or any swag at all. He ended in total humiliating defeat at the conventions for two consecutive elections! What a loser but a pure constitutional conservative with a ton of primary winning voters behind him.
I always thought the problem with Ron Paul was that he was ancient. That guy was so old, the rumour is he would have signed the Declaration of Independence himself if John Hancock didn't take up so much space

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

The title of this thread sums it up. Freak show.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

The title of this thread sums it up. Freak show. Appalling.
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

PT Barnum couldn't come up with bullshit this absurd.

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

The most shocking thing about it all there has been a putsch take place, but I haven't yet seen a beer in sight.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Our baboon in chief is a treasonous criminal. He will not be happy until he destroys our country, and sh-ts on everything it stands for.
like tears in rain

TheDrunkardAnglo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

I did enjoy the Ergodan Regime trolling with the following statement:

“We call all parties to exercise restraint and to be calm. We believe that the US will overcome this crisis.”

“We call our citizens to avoid crowded areas”

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Trump saying "we love you" to the idiot rednecks trespassing and destroying Federal property.

Meanwhile his Tweet from back in July...

Uhhh...okay. Bring it then.
Okole maluna!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

You shirttuckers should stick to drinking.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought