These are dark times

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Those are dark times.

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Those are dark times when bars are forcefully closed. I see only one solution but to summon the CONCLAVE OF THE CUP CRAVERS.
Attendees of the triple C, IF YOU HAVE NOT BECOME RESPONSIBLE OR SUCH SHIT, PLEASE ANSWER ME.
AT THE BEGINNING OF MAY 2021 WE SHALL ASSEMBLE AGAIN.
OUR DESTINATION SHALL REMAIN SECRET (or uncertain) FOR NOW BUT Tomodon, Shane's dentist and the ones I can't remember the name of even though I picture their smiling faces perfectly, shit!
In any case, guys please go to a pub with me so that we can talk and eat and drink soooo much like we did 10 years ago. I miss that era and I miss you all. Let me know what you're thinking.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Those are dark times.

Post by oettinger »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:27 pm
Let me know what you're thinking.
Revolution
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

It is indeed very bad times.
Day drinking, alone, is no longer something to hide, but the norm. We rely on the brave and desperate people who deliver our supplies to our door, scurrying away before we can open the door. I sneezed into my mask (oh, yuck!) in Home Depot a while ago. I ducked my head in shame to avoid the angry looks I got. We went to the grocery store today, and everyone there was so poite, as we tried to social distance through the narrow aisles. We went to Sees candy store. They wrap everything in the case in cellophane now and have plastic barriers up and direct you to walk in one door and exit out another. I know we are not supposed to be political here, but f*** Trump.

I hate what this country has become. When the new geezer is installed, (he's no prize package, but at least he seems normal-not mentally ill) maybe our country can begin to heal. I am sick of our country being a worldwide joke.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Savage wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:24 am
but at least he seems normal-not mentally ill
I have my doubts on that.

90 percent of politicians, I`d estimate, are socially inept psychos with an abnormal craving for power and recognition
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Douglas Adams wrote: Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Re: These are dark times

Post by whiskeyprick »

Love the new Avatar, Thristy. I burst out laughing when I saw his face again.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:11 pm
Douglas Adams wrote: Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job.
This can't be said often or loud enough.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Those are dark times when bars are forcefully closed. I see only one solution but to summon the CONCLAVE OF THE CUP CRAVERS.
Attendees of the triple C, IF YOU HAVE NOT BECOME RESPONSIBLE OR SUCH SHIT, PLEASE ANSWER ME.
OUR DESTINATION SHALL REMAIN SECRET (or uncertain) FOR NOW BUT Tomodon, Shane's dentist and the ones I can't remember the name of even though I picture their smiling faces perfectly, shit!
In any case, guys please go to a pub with me so that we can talk and eat and drink soooo much like we did 10 years ago. I miss that era and I miss you all. Let me know what you're thinking.
Hello my friend. Should it be safe to do so, then I'm certainly up for the next stage of the Conclave. Hope you and yours are well!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Thirsty, your avatar triggers me. I have seen that guy in my nightmares. We have voted. The votes have been counted. Then recounted. Then counted again. I grow weary. Do I have to say it...
We suck. Will we have to watch video of a raving mad elderly man being dragged bodily from the national palace--how will we explain that to our grandchildren >insert question marks-- key broken<

This is not a joke to me. I worry about the society we will leave for our children's children. A vote is a choice for your life--having a choice between aargh! and meh is not good. WWMRD
like tears in rain

IronGhost3373
Tippler
Tippler

Post by IronGhost3373 »

I spent a few months upgrading the KITCHEN and kitchen wares. New LG microwave OTR,new stand alone pantry, new cutlery, new dishes, new drink-ware, some new kitchen gadgets. I then converted a cabinet that was all odds and ends into a bar for us that even has dimmable xenon lighting to show everything off, and stocked it up with everything I would want including a bottle of XO COGNAC and XO ARMAGNAC. If things get bad I want a refuge from the world. next thing is to finish the backyard with pine nuggets to cover up the bare ground so it stays cleaner. We used to go to club numbers for the fetish weekend but that's been out since COVID. I also bought a telescope to keep entertained.
The invisible firefly illuminates no one.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Welcome ironghost3393,

that sounds like a real watering hole. Cheers to that!

Now introduce yourself to the crowd.

New one buys, so I`ll have a very storming morning
Drink!

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Shane-O-Matic wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:37 am
Mr Boozificator wrote:
Hello my friend. Should it be safe to do so, then I'm certainly up for the next stage of the Conclave. Hope you and yours are well!
Comes spring and everyone should be more or less vaccinated. I say we should try to assemble sometimes in May. First round is on me if this happens.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:38 pm
Shane-O-Matic wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:37 am
Mr Boozificator wrote:
Comes spring and everyone should be more or less vaccinated. I say we should try to assemble sometimes in May. First round is on me if this happens.
Nothing good has ever happened to me in the month of May.
I'M IN.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Wandering drunks who literally walked to a distillery in the middle of nowhere, a space monkey, tons of booze. All of this in a World finally rid of a pandemic and therefore prone to the extremes of celebration... I say what could go wrong! I'll keep you posted my friends. I have ideas.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:08 pm
Wandering drunks who literally walked to a distillery in the middle of nowhere, a space monkey, tons of booze. All of this in a World finally rid of a pandemic and therefore prone to the extremes of celebration... I say what could go wrong! I'll keep you posted my friends. I have ideas.
Indeed, sir. Keep us posted should the muse inspire you. I am hoping the coming summer will be free of travel restrictions and that all of America will be open as a limitless, liquorous playground in which all fellow Drunkards may revel.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ