More people should kill themselves

This is where you let you can let it all hang out.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, One for the Frog, Frankennietzsche

Puke-owski
Tippler
Tippler

More people should kill themselves

Post by Puke-owski »

I've had several people throughout my life whom have "threatened" suicide during a phone call or a text message.
I had nothing to do with why they were contemplating it but I always dropped everything everything I was doing, which mostly was drinking myself into oblivion, go over there and try to calm them down while I was shaking because I realized I didn't have enough alcohol in me to stave off the withdrawal symptoms. I remember being hungover while my sister was admitted to a psych ward after a failed suicide attempt and taking care of her and talking to her doctors.

I'm glad I was "there" in a sense to prevent them from doing it but looking back, it made my drinking worse. Maybe I shouldn't have stopped them.
There's far too many people on this planet anyway. I just want to drink and be left alone.

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: More people should kill themselves

Post by oldsmartskunk »

You need help mate? I know drinking, hangover, withdrawals, bu this is extreme. Care to elaborate?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Puke-owski wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:14 pm

There's far too many people on this planet anyway. I just want to drink and be left alone.
Agreed. Cheers fellow drunkard and how 'bout you tell us about yourself in the introduction thread. Chin chin!
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

What a morbid and interesting topic. Western culture mostly deals with the subject of suicide by sweeping it under the rug. I think it would be an injustice to censor this thread. But by the same token, you’ve put out some fairly deep and serious material in a relatively short post. And a first post at that. As the Skunk said, I hope you’ll be able to elaborate a bit further.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Are you from finland? Those folks are suicidal drunks
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Puke-owski wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:14 pm
I've had several people throughout my life whom have "threatened" suicide during a phone call or a text message.
I had nothing to do with why they were contemplating it but I always dropped everything everything I was doing, which mostly was drinking myself into oblivion, go over there and try to calm them down while I was shaking because I realized I didn't have enough alcohol in me to stave off the withdrawal symptoms. I remember being hungover while my sister was admitted to a psych ward after a failed suicide attempt and taking care of her and talking to her doctors.

I'm glad I was "there" in a sense to prevent them from doing it but looking back, it made my drinking worse. Maybe I shouldn't have stopped them.
Alright, I'll be the douche and bag of this conversation, but... have you known anyone that's actually committed to the "bad bad" thing?

You say you know folks who have threatened. Maybe they were just calling out for help and they got it.

Yaaay?

What about you, kind sir? How are you and what do you drink? I'm a rye guy myself.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

As someone who lives the suicide capital of America who was on suicide watch by the sheriff last year, Fuck those selfish bastards!
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald