Mistah Willies Has Shuffled Off His Mortal Coil

Where we pay homage to our honored dead.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Mistah Willies Has Shuffled Off His Mortal Coil

Post by oettinger »

I gargled over proof whisky Willies-style last night, and it was not bad at all
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

AbsintheOfMalice wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:38 am
I do not have details or even an exact date, but Bill Thompson aka Mistah Willies has joined his Native ancestors in glory quite recently and unexpectedly.
He was an Ndian too? I did not know. Speaking of which, where is dear Bloob (Bluebottle) ?

I am sorry another drunkard warrior has gone away. May Mistah Willies have plenty of booze and good times wherever it is that we go. We miss you, sir.
like tears in rain

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Still missing you Willies. Skype isn't the same without you. We can all hear you saying "MMM. Beeeeeah". Great pics btw Patch! Makes me feel like I was there.
Patchez wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:30 pm
mistah willies wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:57 pm
We stopped at almost every booth. We were mindful to forget to snap pics of everything. It was simply so much fun. We know how to pace ourselves, and when to go full blast. This was both.

MMM. Beeeeeah.

Other were at this event beside us. This man crafted a double holster. Pretty fucking cool, and dedicated to the art of drink.

More beeeeeah

I forgot about how much I liked that 1843. Gotta find some.
Okole maluna!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:25 am
Still missing you Willies. Skype isn't the same without you. We can all hear you saying "MMM. Beeeeeah". Great pics btw Patch! Makes me feel like I was there.
Patchez wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:30 pm
mistah willies wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:57 pm
We stopped at almost every booth. We were mindful to forget to snap pics of everything. It was simply so much fun. We know how to pace ourselves, and when to go full blast. This was both.

MMM. Beeeeeah.

Other were at this event beside us. This man crafted a double holster. Pretty fucking cool, and dedicated to the art of drink.

More beeeeeah

I forgot about how much I liked that 1843. Gotta find some.
That wide-eyed maniac, he was a different breed. Love the pics
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Sounds like a great guy, I wish I had gotten the chance to meet him in meatspace.

shawnonious
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shawnonious »

I just now found this out after a month of absence from the board, wondering why I wasn't hearing from him. Willies was one of my most favorite people to talk to, across the internet. No matter the subject, he had a way of just, making you feel this almost, pirate-ish, jovial jolly feeling. I wish I'd seen this sooner. I'll be praying hard for him.

I'm going to severely, severely miss my college era where him and I would get plastered together in the calls at the oddest of times. And, I'll cherish the era where, even after that, just out of the blue, one of us would send the other a video message. We'd send it when we were absolutely obliterated, and it would be a cheers to the other's existence as a man. It was a sign from the drunken ether that, deep down, we didn't chat MUCH, but were great pals who really respected one another, and, the pals you think of enough to send things like that to when drunk, are the ones who are the dearest. Cheers, Willies. And, in your immortal words, DRINK!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" -Tom Waits

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

brandonman wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:47 pm
Willies was one of my most favorite people to talk to, across the internet. No matter the subject, he had a way of just, making you feel this almost, pirate-ish, jovial jolly feeling. I wish I'd seen this sooner. I'll be praying hard for him.
Lovely tribute b-man, and thank you for sharing your memories with us. Love how you called willies "pirate-ish", as that's how I always thought of him too. He really was a pirate on "a ship upon the vast ocean of the Mighty MDM", as his signature says. We are all still missing him every day. Cheers.
Okole maluna!

gede
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by gede »

I'm only a lurker here but I hope that in itself says something about what Willies brought to this board.

I've enjoyed MDF for years as a silent drunkard, in no small part due to Willies' posts and his strangely poetic, almost Joycean, turns of phrase. I never spoke to the guy but his appetite for life and a good bottle of strong rum shone through in every post I ever read from him, and I'm having a hard time believing that he won't be here anymore.

Those of you who knew the man must be reeling I'm sure, and my condolences. If it's any consolation, his memory will live on - even in the mind of this internet stranger who only enjoyed his Kraken-infused prose from thousands of miles away, silent but blissfully buzzed and appreciative.

Cheers

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

gede wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:44 am
I'm only a lurker here but I hope that in itself says something about what Willies brought to this board.

I've enjoyed MDF for years as a silent drunkard, in no small part due to Willies' posts and his strangely poetic, almost Joycean, turns of phrase. I never spoke to the guy but his appetite for life and a good bottle of strong rum shone through in every post I ever read from him, and I'm having a hard time believing that he won't be here anymore.

Those of you who knew the man must be reeling I'm sure, and my condolences. If it's any consolation, his memory will live on - even in the mind of this internet stranger who only enjoyed his Kraken-infused prose from thousands of miles away, silent but blissfully buzzed and appreciative.

Cheers
Thank you
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

gede wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:44 am

Cheers
Yes thanks for the lovely tribute, gede. Beautifully and eloquently spoken. You say you never spoke to willies but it appears you knew his kind soul and fun drunkard spirit nonetheless. It's nice to know how many lives he has touched, both in and outside of the board.

And by all means, don't be a stranger. You are considered more than a lurker as it is appreciated when you do post. Feel free to join us on drunkard Skype too, should you ever want some camaraderie. Chin chin!
Okole maluna!

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Absinthe Of Malice »

DRINK!
RIP Bill, aka mistah willies

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

This is where the funds for the auctions should go.^^^^^^
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Patchez wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:12 pm
This is where the funds for the auctions should go.^^^^^^
Agreed
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

My last saved messages are from Mistah Willies and Padraig. I almost never go to my messages, because it is too sad.
like tears in rain

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Absinthe Of Malice »

It was bittersweet going thru my IMs in Instagram...Bill loved the disappearing messages, so I've got big gaps,but I remember a lot of what fills in the blanks...
DRINK!
RIP Bill, aka mistah willies