My friend. It happened.

Where we pay homage to our honored dead.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

My friend. It happened.

Post by Savage »

Late at Night:

Jerry.

My brother.
He died last last year.
Kidney disease.
I used to keep him company during the long hours of dialysis.
We were so close, sometime it seemed I knew his thouthts, and he mine. I wonder if he knew that his doctor asked me to donate one of my kidneys.

And that I refused.
like tears in rain

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

Damn. Wish I lived close enough to you to get you drunk.
stop thinking start drinking

bloaargh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by bloaargh »

Life is full of regrets, don't end up regretting you filled your life with them

Damn, that sounded pretentious. I feel for you. I've lost a loved one far too early, too. He chose it himself; suicide.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Jerry is just a short-short story. Completely made up. But how sad if it were true.
like tears in rain

bloaargh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by bloaargh »

Damn! Prose got me all soft and sad again.

I'd better go for another beer, and don't fool me like that next time :cry:

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Oh damn! Carls, I just noticed the header I put on this post. I am stupid. What was I thinking? Throw beer cans at me or something--I'm sorry.
like tears in rain

bloaargh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by bloaargh »

Savage, it's allright. You meant no harm. Apology accepted.
I'd never throw beer cans at someone. It might still be some beer left in them!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I miss my brother

Post by Savage »

Well, so I very much need to sleep but I cannot. My dear brother. Funny how we hid our illnesses from each other. He was a really good man. I didn't tell him a lot of the gruesome details, yet he never shared with me how sick he was. All he ever said was, "My leg is hurting again.
When I finally admitted to him that the docs said I was in stage three cancer, he never said a thing about his own ill health.

When he went through a bit of a bad patch in his life, I invited him to come live with us. Grumpy hit the roof and came down shouting. So, I had to rescind the offer. I am still so ashamed about that. My brother. I miss you. You made fun of me for my ignorance, my lack of education, but damn, you were one heck a fella.
like tears in rain

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Re: I miss my brother

Post by Rye and Coke »

Sincerely sorry for your loss.

A toast for those no longer with us, and cheers for those of us still trudging on...
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I am also very sorry Lady S.

I`ll be probably the first one to drop from us three siblings too. And I`m the youngest.
They finally found cancer in my mom`s lung too. (finally, right?! What took it so damn long. Chainsmoking for 60 years)
I got the best from both parents. Smoking heavily from mother and dad`s drinking habit. We`ll see how that plays out.
I mean my sister got an eleven years headstart.
Drink!

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Dirty Diamond Lou »

I raise a toast to you Savage. Cheers.
I'm also known as ssapals.

aka: Dirty Lou
aka: Sweet Lou
aka: The Whole Enchilada

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:48 am
I am also very sorry Lady S.

I`ll be probably the first one to drop from us three siblings too. And I`m the youngest.
They finally found cancer in my mom`s lung too. (finally, right?! What took it so damn long. Chainsmoking for 60 years)
I got the best from both parents. Smoking heavily from mother and dad`s drinking habit. We`ll see how that plays out.
I mean my sister got an eleven years headstart.
My mother had an inherited illness that I inherited. Radiation and chemo--including brachy, seems to have done the trick. So then, the fates tossed the spindle and activated my lifelong problem to level 11, throwing in my father's hitherto unknown (to me, at least) predisposition, and followed with the damage-caused problems that killed my father. Now, all that is left is dementia, from Mom's side. She died from it and so did my beloved Grandaddy.

Drinks on the house for everyone, on me.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

My mom got her mother`s dementia too. Her aunties had it too. It must be a women side of the family thing.
I`d say, this might sound cruel, she better dies happy with lung cancer then turn into the freak my grand aunt turned into. Grandma died when I was still a toddler, but she was batshit crazy in the end too.
Drink!

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

My condolences.

Sometimes it makes me annoyed at myself and the world how much stupid shit I've survived while people around me keep dropping like flies at all ages.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I wanna die in my library, reading a book, with a big glass of Makers to hand. Classical music should be playing--probably from Baroque through the Romantic eras. Ideally, there'd be a cat keeping me company, but our last girl (and the ones before her) died, and I don't know if I can stand that again. I loved our old library, with its spooky statues and gargoyles. Could someone smack Grumpy in the head and get him to make all that wood he bought into my new library shelves? We've lived here now for nine months, and I have maybe 75 boxes of books standing around in what is supposed to be our library, and that's after I gave up and bought some shelves to line the hallway to hold a few hundred more books. And the moveable shelves we were able to bring for the cookbooks, and the odds and ends shelves for some other rooms.
like tears in rain