I had to call 911 for Liz tonight

Where we pay homage to our honored dead.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: I had to call 911 for Liz tonight

Post by mistah willies »

Oggar wrote:...Our lives went different ways from there but I never fell out of love with her.
Man.

Just

Yeah ok, I need a drink now

Bundy
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Bundy »

'Bye Liz. We'll miss you.

love, Bundy.

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by cornbread714 »

Fuck, I hate this world sometimes.

This is one of those times.
Live like a pig, die like a dog

"Everyone sleeps before I do. Sometimes I do not know what to do with myself; then the trouble begins."
-Savage

Hardcore Stig

Post by Hardcore Stig »

Never had the honour of meeting Liz, but have seen her posts since my first day here.

To me she was always part of the spirit of the board and always will be, I hope she's enjoying the next life and smiling on you all.

People often say someone was taken to soon, I prefer to think that they lived large enough to never be forgotten.
"That's only a problem if you stop drinking"

"Nationality? I'm a drunkard, and that makes me a man of the world"

"The word "pub" should never need to be followed by the word "why""

stinie
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by stinie »

Oggar wrote:I loved Liz very deeply. Whenever things were going poorly for her which was frequently I would get a call. It's fair to say we spoke often. I always tried to be there for her. I wonder if things had gone differently all those years ago if I could have saved her from this fate. She had some underlying issues, a bit of botched dental work and the untreated stuff made things worse. Pain and depression mixed with alcohol made her erratic at times, she would often bite the hand that fed her. But she was more than the sum of her damages. She could be a truly beautiful person, that's who she really was under all the damage- a beautiful person. I'll never forget the first time I talked to her. I called Mayhem and he said "Hey want to talk to Liz?" We talked for four hours. Our next few conversations were just as long.

A few months later I flew to Rochester and met her for the first time. At the airport she sprinted ahead of the rest of her delegation and leapt into my arms in the terminal. Tony snapped a couple pictures. The next four days was basically booze fueled PDA's for the two of us. On day two we were supposed to hop a train to Niagara Falls and get married. But we started drinking at breakfast and sometime in the early afternoon she went back to Tony's to "have a sleep". I went to wake her up a couple hours later and just ended up curling up next to her in bed. The trains had stopped running by the time we woke up and it never happened. A couple days later I left town still a single man. She cried and begged me not to leave but I did. Our lives went different ways from there but I never fell out of love with her. We were never out of touch for more than a couple months at a time. I can't believe how much this hurts. Love and miss you Babydoll.
This post broke my heart like your face breaks toilets.

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

stinie wrote:
Oggar wrote:I loved Liz very deeply. Whenever things were going poorly for her which was frequently I would get a call. It's fair to say we spoke often. I always tried to be there for her. I wonder if things had gone differently all those years ago if I could have saved her from this fate. She had some underlying issues, a bit of botched dental work and the untreated stuff made things worse. Pain and depression mixed with alcohol made her erratic at times, she would often bite the hand that fed her. But she was more than the sum of her damages. She could be a truly beautiful person, that's who she really was under all the damage- a beautiful person. I'll never forget the first time I talked to her. I called Mayhem and he said "Hey want to talk to Liz?" We talked for four hours. Our next few conversations were just as long.

A few months later I flew to Rochester and met her for the first time. At the airport she sprinted ahead of the rest of her delegation and leapt into my arms in the terminal. Tony snapped a couple pictures. The next four days was basically booze fueled PDA's for the two of us. On day two we were supposed to hop a train to Niagara Falls and get married. But we started drinking at breakfast and sometime in the early afternoon she went back to Tony's to "have a sleep". I went to wake her up a couple hours later and just ended up curling up next to her in bed. The trains had stopped running by the time we woke up and it never happened. A couple days later I left town still a single man. She cried and begged me not to leave but I did. Our lives went different ways from there but I never fell out of love with her. We were never out of touch for more than a couple months at a time. I can't believe how much this hurts. Love and miss you Babydoll.
This post broke my heart like your face breaks toilets.
Agreed. Touching words. Thank you for letting us in, Brian.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Rest In Peace, liz...
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: "Bella'' has passed away...

Post by Mother Goose »

Crystal wrote:
l... wrote:rest. in. peace. and the rest of you quit PLEASE quit dying. love.
This was one of Liz's last posts here.
Touché, Liz. Keep all those drunks in line, my friend.

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

Sgt. HSA wrote:All I can say is I'm beyond sad coming back to this place for the sole purpose of paying respects to friends who died way, way too soon.

I came to the conclusion a few years ago that I had to cut back, big time, because I wanted to see my kids grow up and become adults. And I have, for the most part, done that.
I started typing the same post the other day but took a pass on it. I feel lucky to have a wife and kids who look forward to seeing me when I get home. It's probably the urge to take care of them and the sense of responsibility I feel towards them that helped me keep it under control. I could go at it pretty hard almost every night, but realistically I can't, so now I don't. Essentially I hope I've found a healthy balance among it all because basically, there but for the grace of God go I.

So RIP, Liz

and thanks, RickFred
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by treetop »

i know i said this after mayhem passed but lemmy, liz and tony were the first dd i ever had here. they were all drunk up in rochester and i was drunk down here and i thought, "damn, these are good people and i belong here with them."
i got to meet them at the third rochester invasion, i fell in love with these people and this board even more and have considered you all my family for the better part of a decade.
it kills me when the valkyries swoop down and collect us up to valhalla but i have faith that when my ragnarok comes, i will be at the table with all my lost friends and they will introduce me to new friends i haven't yet met.
we are the sum of our losses.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

Mallory Knox
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: "Bella'' has passed away...

Post by Mallory Knox »

Liz will be missed by many, and I will be praying for peace and acceptance in the hearts of those who knew and loved her.
ivan wrote:Bring it! You foe me, and I'll make brilliant posts that you won't see!

Bur

Post by Bur »

This year keeps getting bleaker.

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

Bur wrote:This year keeps getting bleaker.
I believe it was Liz who coined the phrase "Year of the Suck".
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

treetop

Post by treetop »

i know her family hated mdm and us by association but i wish there was some way without inspiring outrage that we could let them know how well loved she was and how sorely missed she is and how positively she affected so many of our lives. her posts, her smiles, her calls (even the crazy ones) and everything else. pretty blonde girl in a summer dress. always.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

WastelessPointOfTime
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by WastelessPointOfTime »

Her dad, stepmom, and uncle picked up her stuff today. Dad said he wasn't really surprised when he got the call. Funeral will be in New York on Saturday, but I didn't get any other details.
"binary: being drunk makes me amazed at life"

23:22 <@fiyah> i need a new glass
23:22 <@fiyah> this one has ... toothpaste on it
23:22 <@fiyah> i hope it's toothpaste

21:15 <@fiyah> then again
21:15 <@fiyah> we just wash our hands
21:15 <@fiyah> splash water on our faces
21:15 <@fiyah> and see what's out there