The only two people I was friends with on here, are dead.

Where we pay homage to our honored dead.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: The only two people I was friends with on here, are dead

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

nic the chick wrote:i just realized that may have come off as dickish...
No. It was fine. Indeed, I don't think that any of your posts on this Board could ever be classified as anything but "straight from the shoulder".

It's good to see you back on The Board, nic; I hope that you'll be around here more often.

I am also very glad that your life has been normalised in your favour.

Say hello to all at The Toad from all of us, please. Tony and Liz* were much loved figures on these forums and they are greatly missed. It is good to know that one of our number is making the pilgrimage to Rochester; without wishing to impose upon you, I would ask that you let both Tony and Liz's friends and family know how much they were loved and that their loss is felt throughout the World, please.

* This should not be taken to mean that we miss DJF, Peripat and Bella, or even Schmernie, any less. Merely that, since nic is making the trip to the spiritual home of Tony and Liz, our thoughts will be of them because of that.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

nic the chick
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by nic the chick »

Palinka wrote: No. It was fine. Indeed, I don't think that any of your posts on this Board could ever be classified as anything but "straight from the shoulder".

It's good to see you back on The Board, nic; I hope that you'll be around here more often.

I am also very glad that your life has been normalised in your favour.

Say hello to all at The Toad from all of us, please. Tony and Liz* were much loved figures on these forums and they are greatly missed. It is good to know that one of our number is making the pilgrimage to Rochester; without wishing to impose upon you, I would ask that you let both Tony and Liz's friends and family know how much they were loved and that their loss is felt throughout the World, please.

* This should not be taken to mean that we miss DJF, Peripat and Bella, or even Schmernie, any less. Merely that, since nic is making the trip to the spiritual home of Tony and Liz, our thoughts will be of them because of that.
i will be around, here and there, with updates. being that my body doesn't do such a great job processing liquor anymore, i feel like an impostor of sorts when i visit. on my days off however, when there's nothing to do but crack open a bottle and take in some melrose place on netflix, i'll likely be around, shoulders and all.
as for my sojourn, i'll bring great hono(u)r to mdm as an ambassador of the board. anyone have a fez they'd like to send me? mine was destroyed some time ago.
For a forreal party, you needs to be takin a mirror off of the wall and shit.
~anonymous

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

nic the chick wrote:... i feel like an impostor of sorts when i visit...
Bullshit. You're one of the originals.

We'll keep the light on for you. And please pass along my best to DDB. I've been meaning to call him back one of these months.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Badfellow wrote:
nic the chick wrote:... i feel like an impostor of sorts when i visit...
Bullshit. You're one of the originals...
Absolutely! In any case, we are a broad church (so to speak): catering to the hardcore hoochers, the weekend warriors, the teensy tipplers and all those whole fall between (sometimes, literally).

All that is ever asked of any Board member is that they love the booze (not what, when or how much) and the culture of Modern Drunkardism.

I shall take up your slack, so that you may hold your head high (although I may ask you to share the (sometimes very) odd hangover).

So, please return to the posting fold, nic. Even if you aren't throwing them back as much as you used to do.

Not sure about the Melrose Place addiction, though...That may require an intervention.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

nic the chick
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by nic the chick »

Palinka wrote:
So, please return to the posting fold, nic. Even if you aren't throwing them back as much as you used to do.
done.
~anonymous

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Sadly, these days, near enough a "selfie".
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

nic the chick wrote:
Palinka wrote:
done.

Raising a glass from a new member of this here board, to you nic the chick. Crossing the bridge, so to speak

Well met.

Cheers!

nic the chick
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by nic the chick »

mistah willies wrote:

Raising a glass from a new member of this here board, to you nic the chick. Crossing the bridge, so to speak

Well met.

Cheers!
glass raised back atcha.
kanpai!
~anonymous

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

nic the chick wrote: glass raised back atcha.
kanpai!

*clink*

also

*hiccup* ;scuse me