Mistah Willies Has Shuffled Off His Mortal Coil

Where we pay homage to our honored dead.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

AbsintheOfMalice
Tippler
Tippler

Mistah Willies Has Shuffled Off His Mortal Coil

Post by AbsintheOfMalice »

I do not have details or even an exact date, but Bill Thompson aka Mistah Willies has joined his Native ancestors in glory quite recently and unexpectedly.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: Mistah Willies Has Shuffled Off His Mortal Coil

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

This is awful news.

Though our times didn't always sync up, I loved our Skype calls; I know that others will confirm that he was the most pleasant, polite and downright lovely human being. Still intend to make it to his neck of the woods and raise a glass one day. Tonight I'll pour a little of my drink into the earth.

Last edited by Shane-O-Matic on Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Thank you AOM for letting us know and yes, we appreciate any info that may come your way. Willies is beloved to all whose path he crossed and will be terribly missed. Us Skype miscreants will miss seeing his smiling face, hearing his hearty laugh, and all his many stories he had to share. Rest in drink and peace, mistah dubya. You are forever in our hearts.
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Fellow Drunkards, we have lost a brother. He will be dearly missed, for our world and the world beyond was made a better place by Bill being in it. Bill was a man of many fine qualities, his intellect and character, his genuine nature and a vast, generous heart for his love of family and friends. He raised the best of humanity in all of us. I will miss him very much.

Sorry I am at a loss for words. I will buy a bottle of Kraken for you, brother, and raise it in your direction. Upchich gnomial, nedabe.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

awful awful news. fuckin hell man

was only on Skype the other week chatting about limited edition Kraken bottles...don't even know what to say.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Donald J. Drunk
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Donald J. Drunk »

I already have and will continue to raise a considerable amount of glasses in his memory. Bill was one of the most Pro-Life or rather pro LIVING people I ever had the privilege to get to know and call a friend. He would not want us to be sad, though that is our prerogative in this situation but rather crack a beer, crack a joke on his behalf and crack on with it.

You will be missed but never forgotten and as our livers swell you will live on along with all of us. I love you, see you in hell.
You may now lavish your congratulations upon me.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

RIP Willies. You will always be one of my favorite drunks, and people at that.

In honor,

DRINK!
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

I never got the chance to talk to him, so, all I can do is raise my glass and offer my condolences to his family, friends, and all of you on this board that knew and loved him.

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

There's a lot of chatter on Facebook from family and friends. This link has the greatest amount of info that I can find:

https://tinyurl.com/96kbhjmp
DRINK!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

I also found this clip from a local (Bangor Maine) radio show that features our departed friend's story telling skills.

https://tinyurl.com/e6vrpwvn
DRINK!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

I remember the videos he would send me, letting me know that it was time to drink, lol. I was always working and hated that I missed most of his Skype requests. Goddamn 3 pm, man, and I'm still at work. I saved a few of them for a while, but didn't know any better and deleted them.

Hilarious, man. He was just straight up funny. I'd get his notifications at work and open them, giggling like an asshole at my desk because damn he was funny.

The last conversation we had he opened up about his childhood, bouncing from reservation to reservation and how he had to fight at an early age. Happy we got to talk.

You know what? I'm a buy me some Krakken and say fuck it, we're all on this ride together, right? Hurtling through space and time, in the bar car of this rickety astro-train, we all get off at our stops and his was just a little sooner than expected. Goddamn, at least he left some rum for the rest of us.

Maybe when I get off, I'll double back and look him up, get some closure on that story. Hopefully it turned out that he kicked those reservation kids in the ass.

"Drinking is the war against death"

Cheers
Last edited by Rye and Coke on Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

***unintended drunk duplicate.***
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:16 pm
I remember the videos he would send me, letting me know that it was time to drink, lol. I was always working and hated that I missed most of his Skype requests. Goddamn 3 pm, man, and I'm still at work. I saved a few of them for a while, but didn't know any better and deleted them.

Hilarious, man. He was just straight up funny. I'd get his notifications at work and open them, giggling like an asshole at my desk because damn he was funny.

The last conversation we had he opened up about his childhood, bouncing from reservation to reservation and how he had to fight at an early age. Happy we got to talk.

You know what? I'm a buy me some Krakken and say fuck it, we're all on this ride together, right? Hurtling through space and time, in the bar car of this rickety astro-train, we all get off at our stops and his was just a little sooner than expected. Goddamn, at least he left some rum for the rest of us.

Maybe when I get off, I'll double back and look him up, get some closure on that story. Hopefully it turned out that he kicked those reservation kids in the ass.

"Drinking is the war against death"

Cheers
I posted one of his last videos in the Modern Drunkard Board channel on Skype. Watch it with a drink in your hand. It's poignant. "Cheers... don't ever wear a suit."
DRINK!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

When I first got on Skype he would send me videos of himself taking a long gulp of beer and then burping. Then he sent me one wondering out loud if there really was a Hugh Blanton and if he was just talking into some cyber void. I still have them all on my Skype, I don't know how to post them like Dear Booze did, but it looks like he sent me one at the same time he sent the one DB posted. I remember the cat in the background.

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

No words can describe this loss. He was that glue that held us together. And he always will. I got a bottle of Willie's favorite "Kraken" rum to celebrate his life.

As a tribute to Willies i will share my collection of his brilliants thoughts both from forum and skype conversations. This will be for us, modern drunkards. Cheers.