Drunk Video Gaming

TV & Film, Music, Books, Sports, Cooking, Cocktails, and the Rest

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: Drunken video gaming.

Post by John Barleycorn »

JimLahey wrote:Anyone want to play Heroes of Might and Magic III with me?
How good a system do I need for it?

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

John Barleycorn wrote:
Any sort of wormbox should be able to run it, it was realised in like 1999. I don't own legit copy of the game but maybe I'll have odd hours on weekend or so figure stuff out.

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

As Jiggers mentioned, Grand Theft Auto is where it's at when you are drinking. Nothing better than legally drinking and driving. I feel the same way on the golf course.

Also, Need for Speed is a great one.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

My wife got really addicted to Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, one of those sword-and-sorcery RPGs where you steal everything not nailed down and level up your character. Nothing makes the level grinding go smoother than a few bottles of wine.
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

John Barleycorn wrote:
Bur is right it's super old so I'm sure you can run it. You can find a quick download of it on pirate bay. It's the greatest.

hossthomas
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by hossthomas »

i'm currently playin deus ex human revolution. it's a fun game, but it is hard as hell. i'm not really much of a stealth game kinda guy, i prefer to blow shit up and spill vast quantities of blood. this whole sneakin around thing is a little outside my comfort zone, but i'm still enjoyin it.
into each life a little stroh's must fall - surreal

i told my landlord and all the other tenants they could fuck off if they don't like hank- hellbound glory

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

I am not really into video games, never have been. The war video games are popular now, never played them because i have seen it in real life. Its funny, i hear someone telling a war story and ask them were they were at they say in my living room, call of duty. hahaha i thought you were for real, ill just keep my mouth shut because i got a story like that but i was in iraq. im not knocking anyone though, i might like the game if i actually tried to play it. i do however like to get loaded and play some video games with my 7yr old. usually batman legos, or racing. i also play some old school fatal fury and mortal kombat. whatever the little man wants.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Lately, my drunkengaming has been sports related, usually either NCAA 12 or the Show.

IMO, the best drinking game ever made was Sid Meier's Pirates. YARRR!

Also, the first trailer for GTA 5 came out today. it looks pants-wettingly good.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

Miklo wrote:I am not really into video games, never have been. The war video games are popular now, never played them because i have seen it in real life. Its funny, i hear someone telling a war story and ask them were they were at they say in my living room, call of duty. hahaha i thought you were for real, ill just keep my mouth shut because i got a story like that but i was in iraq. im not knocking anyone though, i might like the game if i actually tried to play it. i do however like to get loaded and play some video games with my 7yr old. usually batman legos, or racing. i also play some old school fatal fury and mortal kombat. whatever the little man wants.
I have an Iraq vet friend who loves to play all the war games that come out.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

gnarkill
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by gnarkill »

Miklo wrote:I am not really into video games, never have been. The war video games are popular now, never played them because i have seen it in real life. Its funny, i hear someone telling a war story and ask them were they were at they say in my living room, call of duty. hahaha i thought you were for real, ill just keep my mouth shut because i got a story like that but i was in iraq. im not knocking anyone though, i might like the game if i actually tried to play it. i do however like to get loaded and play some video games with my 7yr old. usually batman legos, or racing. i also play some old school fatal fury and mortal kombat. whatever the little man wants.
Who knows if this is bullshit or not, but I found this relevant: http://homepost.kpbs.org/2011/05/video- ... udy-finds/

As for myself, Diablo 2 is easily my favorite drunken gaming experience. The GTA series is a close second.
IN VINO VERITAS

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

gnarkill wrote:
Who knows if this is bullshit or not, but I found this relevant: http://homepost.kpbs.org/2011/05/video- ... udy-finds/

As for myself, Diablo 2 is easily my favorite drunken gaming experience. The GTA series is a close second.
Fuck yeah! Diablo 2!
We should all get on battle net with a bottle and get to killing things!

gnarkill
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by gnarkill »

JimLahey wrote:
gnarkill wrote:

Fuck yeah! Diablo 2!
We should all get on battle net with a bottle and get to killing things!
Fuck, dude. As soon as I posted that I tried launching the game only to realize my expansion disc is somewhere in storage. Another time, though.
IN VINO VERITAS

John Barleycorn

Post by John Barleycorn »

Anyone here like the Civilization series of games?

gnarkill
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by gnarkill »

John Barleycorn wrote:Anyone here like the Civilization series of games?
I've been addicted off & on since Civ 2.
IN VINO VERITAS

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

John Barleycorn wrote:Anyone here like the Civilization series of games?
I love it. I play Civ 4 sometimes. Never tried the 5th one though.