Straight to Hell

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Straight to Hell

Post by Frankennietzsche »

What a great movie! Am watching it now.

"There's two things that makes Rusty mad. Those who plays tricks with fruit... and don't pay their parkin' fines!"
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

havent seen it mate. whats it about?
mine's a pint

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

MAS CERVESA, MAS CERVESA!!!

It's about joe strummer having a gun, the pogues being drunk, and courtney love dying. At least that's how I like to think of it... I'm not sure if courtney love actually dies. Oh, and the bass player from the circle jerks running around singing about hot dogs.

Good drunkard movie. I have the DVD, and they interview most of the people in the movie. Basically, the whole cast just went on holiday and they filmed it. Ended up being a great movie. In fact, I've always thought that Pulp Fiction was a pretty big rip off of straight to hell, but I'm probably over-analyzing agian.
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

Barca

Post by Barca »

A friend of mine keeps telling me to get it. I've never been able to find the DVD.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I think CR hit it right on the head. Cameos by Dennis Hopper, Grace Joans, Jim Jarmish and others. Plus, Elvis Costello plays the butler.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

Frankennietzsche wrote:I think CR hit it right on the head. Cameos by Dennis Hopper, Grace Joans, Jim Jarmish and others. Plus, Elvis Costello plays the butler.
Did you mean Jim Jarmusch, the director? I love his movies. Ghost Dog is incredible and the guy even got Tom Waits to star in his films.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

UnkleLemmy wrote:
Frankennietzsche wrote:I think CR hit it right on the head. Cameos by Dennis Hopper, Grace Joans, Jim Jarmish and others. Plus, Elvis Costello plays the butler.
Did you mean Jim Jarmusch, the director? I love his movies. Ghost Dog is incredible and the guy even got Tom Waits to star in his films.
Yep, same guy. I really liked Dead Man, but Down by Law is one of my favorites.

Mad Scientist
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mad Scientist »

UnkleLemmy wrote:Did you mean Jim Jarmusch, the director? I love his movies. Ghost Dog is incredible and the guy even got Tom Waits to star in his films.
Not sure if it's cause I was always drunk/stoned (droned, for those of you looking to increase your vocabulary), but Ghost Dog has always been a great movie IMO. Something about the sick beats and the quiet intensity of it has always appealed to me. Plus those OGs are fucking hilarious.
"Women might be able to fake orgasms... but men can fake entire relationships."
-- Sharon Stone