sad movies

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Does anyone cry when Pee Wee Herman is reunited with his bicycle?

:oops:

Neither do I.
like tears in rain

BuriedBlues
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by BuriedBlues »

the dangerous lives of alter boys is a pretty big crying movie, in the end anyway. i won't tell you why, but when he starts reading "the tiger", and he can barely get through it...man! forget it.

-Maria

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: sad movies

Post by GSG »

MeanOldLady wrote:i'm becoming increasingly fond of sad movies. back in the day, i used to watch the most horrific of films while feeling nothing. not even the slightest pang. i used to think i was tragically born without emotions, but lately i've been forcing back tears during sad scenes. what gives? million dollar baby almost killed me, particularly because it hits really close to home for me. i just watched la bamba yesterday, and holy shit, i was actively reminding myself not to cry when the radio announced richie valenz died in the plane crash. i was like, don't be a pussy, woman, you didn't even know this guy! i've seen this movie more than once and never felt the urge to cry. something is happening to me. maybe it's because these days i'm drunk 85% of the time, and inebriation intensifies any emotion i'm feeling times ten. tis why i'm typically a happy drunk, and why i don't drink when i'm down (things get nasty). i have several theories, and i don't know for certain what it is, but sad movies are killing me now.

i can't think of any further examples off the top of my head, but within the last year or so, i've found myself getting emotional during movies and while reading certain really sad books. there are no children here, by whatshisface. i forget, but it made me sad. i'm turning into a softy.
I'm having EXACTLY the sae problem. I cried at the end of Requiem For A Dream, Donnie Darko and more. I find myself not actually crying but getting a lump in my throat at happy endings and stuff. I used to be such a hard-bitten cow but I think I'm turning into a wussy nancy faggot bitch.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

-----
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by ----- »

Gin-soaked-girl wrote:
MeanOldLady wrote:i'm becoming increasingly fond of sad movies. back in the day, i used to watch the most horrific of films while feeling nothing. not even the slightest pang. i used to think i was tragically born without emotions, but lately i've been forcing back tears during sad scenes. what gives? million dollar baby almost killed me, particularly because it hits really close to home for me. i just watched la bamba yesterday, and holy shit, i was actively reminding myself not to cry when the radio announced richie valenz died in the plane crash. i was like, don't be a pussy, woman, you didn't even know this guy! i've seen this movie more than once and never felt the urge to cry. something is happening to me. maybe it's because these days i'm drunk 85% of the time, and inebriation intensifies any emotion i'm feeling times ten. tis why i'm typically a happy drunk, and why i don't drink when i'm down (things get nasty). i have several theories, and i don't know for certain what it is, but sad movies are killing me now.

i can't think of any further examples off the top of my head, but within the last year or so, i've found myself getting emotional during movies and while reading certain really sad books. there are no children here, by whatshisface. i forget, but it made me sad. i'm turning into a softy.
I'm having EXACTLY the sae problem. I cried at the end of Requiem For A Dream, Donnie Darko and more. I find myself not actually crying but getting a lump in my throat at happy endings and stuff. I used to be such a hard-bitten cow but I think I'm turning into a wussy nancy faggot bitch.
i cried during the ASS TA ASS scene!

wait no i didnt.. it was more like uproarious laughter

bloaargh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by bloaargh »

"Leaving Las Vegas" and "Requiem for a Dream" always makes me want to cry.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

I was hungover and shakey when I first watched Requiem For A Dream anyway so I didn't fare well on that particular emotional ride.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

WWDJFD?

Misha
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Misha »

Savage wrote:Does anyone cry when Pee Wee Herman is reunited with his bicycle?

:oops:

Neither do I.
I would cry if I were reunited with my Pee Wee Herman bike. I am still looking for that bastard. Did I mention the theif also got away with a new fifth of Bombay that I had in the basket? Bastards.
There's nothing wrong with a lady drinking alone in a room. - Tom Waits

It's not my fault you don't love me when I'm drunk. - Kristen Hersh

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

i seem to be the only dame in these parts who thought titanic was stupid. no urge to cry. many urges to gag.

i do, however, recall watching oprah give some poor people a bunch of shit and thinking to myself, "damn, that's beautiful."
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Misha
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Misha »

MeanOldLady wrote:i seem to be the only dame in these parts who thought titanic was stupid. no urge to cry. many urges to gag.

i do, however, recall watching oprah give some poor people a bunch of shit and thinking to myself, "damn, that's beautiful."
Jesus I hated the Titanic. I was so happy when they all died because then I knew the movie would someday come to an end.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

I went to see Titanic the first day it opened. I guess I must have been about 12 and the cinema was packed with 15 and under girls and the occasional embarrassed boyfriend. My snigger during the drowning scene unfortuntely stood alone.

WWDJFD?

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

Misha wrote:
MeanOldLady wrote:i seem to be the only dame in these parts who thought titanic was stupid. no urge to cry. many urges to gag.

Jesus I hated the Titanic. I was so happy when they all died because then I knew the movie would someday come to an end.
LMFAO! ahahaha, i said these same exact words to a friend of mine, and was referred to as "horrible." what's so wrong about that?
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Misha
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Misha »

MeanOldLady wrote:
Misha wrote:

LMFAO! ahahaha, i said these same exact words to a friend of mine, and was referred to as "horrible." what's so wrong about that?
I would think you were horrible if you hadn't seen what a monumental waste of time that movie was.

Misha
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Misha »

Gin-soaked-girl wrote:I went to see Titanic the first day it opened. I guess I must have been about 12 and the cinema was packed with 15 and under girls and the occasional embarrassed boyfriend. My snigger during the drowning scene unfortuntely stood alone.
When did I get to be this old? I need a drink.

Cheffie
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Cheffie »

18packcheffie wrote:Titanic. , when I was a very little girl, 3 or 4, at my church, I met an actual survivor of the Titanic, her husband perished. She was in her 90's, dressed in black, still in mourning, all those years later.
That is what started my Titanic fascination. Yes its girly & sappy & romantic, but so am I. I am actually quite the nerd as well because I collect books on Titanic, facts, recipes, menus, that sort of thing. One day on April 14 (the night the Titanaic sank AND my husband's birthday) I will hold a banquet of the final 12 course (version) meal. Maybe I could do it as a fundraiser at a local country club.. ooh we could dress up... OK OK OK !! I will stop now!!!!

"Plus que ma propre vie" -more than my own life - 10

"Boom de a dah!!!"

"shey shey lang loi! (thank you pretty girl!)"- Palmwine

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

Misha wrote:
Gin-soaked-girl wrote:I went to see Titanic the first day it opened. I guess I must have been about 12 and the cinema was packed with 15 and under girls and the occasional embarrassed boyfriend. My snigger during the drowning scene unfortuntely stood alone.
When did I get to be this old? I need a drink.
You wot?

WWDJFD?