sad movies

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

zak
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by zak »

Gin-soaked-girl wrote:I went to see Titanic the first day it opened. I guess I must have been about 12 and the cinema was packed with 15 and under girls and the occasional embarrassed boyfriend. My snigger during the drowning scene unfortuntely stood alone.
Sounds like me laughing during Ring 2, and then realizing I was the only person in the place laughing out loud.
this post brought to you by #summerofmargaritas10 cause, yeah it's going to be that kinda of summer where mixed drinks with tequila is going to taste all types of good and stuff, this summer '10 get yourself some margaritas and holler at ya boy.

KennyTFan
Tippler
Tippler

Post by KennyTFan »

A couple days late and $1 short
And the band played on(HBO Aids movie, fing Montage)
Every episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition
and of course Old Yeller
“I became insane, with long instances of horrible sanity.”
-Edgar Allen Poe

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

KennyTFan wrote:A couple days late and $1 short
And the band played on(HBO Aids movie, fing Montage)
Every episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition
and of course Old Yeller
Oh, good lord. I am in agreement 100%. I only catch the Monday "How'd They Do That," but even that brings me to tears every week. It's so sad. I'm a sap.

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

Post by .... »

I'm watching my favorite sad movie right now. Donnie Darko. Gets me every time.

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

zak wrote:
Gin-soaked-girl wrote:I went to see Titanic the first day it opened. I guess I must have been about 12 and the cinema was packed with 15 and under girls and the occasional embarrassed boyfriend. My snigger during the drowning scene unfortuntely stood alone.
Sounds like me laughing during Ring 2, and then realizing I was the only person in the place laughing out loud.
sounds like me during the opening scene of 28 days later with the caged monkeys. sorry, folks, but monkeys aren't scary. monkeys are always cute and/or funny. i tried desperately to suppress my uproarious laughter.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

hottcakes
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by hottcakes »

if you dont cry at the end of king king,you're a heartless bastard.
i just can't seem to function without my morning coffee.sure,i've tried other enemas....

zak
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by zak »

So I saw Sin City today. I almost cried twice, both with scenes involving Nancy. 1st time right before the scene cut to the next story, 2nd time with her in the hospital.
this post brought to you by #summerofmargaritas10 cause, yeah it's going to be that kinda of summer where mixed drinks with tequila is going to taste all types of good and stuff, this summer '10 get yourself some margaritas and holler at ya boy.

mrpeeps
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by mrpeeps »

zak wrote:So I saw Sin City today. I almost cried twice, both with scenes involving Nancy. 1st time right before the scene cut to the next story, 2nd time with her in the hospital.
Ive been looking forward to seeing that wont be available for a couple of months in blighty so without spoilers is it any good?

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

mrpeeps wrote:
zak wrote:So I saw Sin City today. I almost cried twice, both with scenes involving Nancy. 1st time right before the scene cut to the next story, 2nd time with her in the hospital.
Ive been looking forward to seeing that wont be available for a couple of months in blighty so without spoilers is it any good?
Best movie Ive seen in years, felt like an old film Noir movie.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

zak
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by zak »

mrpeeps wrote:
In a word yes. I haven't read the comic, but I've been told by a co-worker that is pretty good with staying with the story/concept of it. Probably something to do with Frank Miller being one of the directors. There are some good suprises in the casting, people you wouldn't think of playing a role far outside their normal spectrum. If you are a fan of violence, there's plenty of it. Fan of t&a, there's a decent amount without making it a skin flick, or having the character's naked (or nearly naked) for no apparent reason. The bar scenes good have been a little longer, but when a character's drinking is interupted, apropriate messures are taken.

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

showgirls?
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

zak
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by zak »

massivedrunk wrote:showgirls?
"I got towels!"

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

hottcakes wrote:if you dont cry at the end of king king,you're a heartless bastard.
i actually teared up laughing at this. oh man, king kong. hahahahahaha. i'm still laughing as i'm typing.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Misha
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Misha »

hottcakes wrote:if you dont cry at the end of king king,you're a heartless bastard.
I just might be the Queen of the heartless bastards.
There's nothing wrong with a lady drinking alone in a room. - Tom Waits

It's not my fault you don't love me when I'm drunk. - Kristen Hersh

happydrunk
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by happydrunk »

I cry at movies that have heart-wrenching romantic plots . . .

Dr. Zhivago
Age of Innocence

basically, any movie in which the characters are soul-mates / in love and can't be together

Oh, and Schindler's List, but who doesn't cry at a Holocaust movie??
I'm not so think as you drunk I am.

Hell is no bourbon - Ms. Savage

Because that's how you win. Gunpowder and rum.,