Food Network Boozing

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Food Network Boozing

Post by Mother Goose »

It's 10:00 a.m. Sunday morning, and Guy Fieri just made jambalaya sandwiches with chicken thighs, pork butt, bacon, andouille sausage (and some other crap) along with a warm potato salad with sour cream, cheese, bacon, etc. To finish off the show, he did some sort of flaming shot dropped in a beer (amaretto and 151 rum). The Food Network has gotten pretty lame, but I think it was a first to see a flaming shot on a TFN show. This guy's OK.

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

I think his shot is called a 'flaming Dr. Pepper'. It could be called something else on the other side of the world but I've always known them as such.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

Gin McGuinness wrote:I think his shot is called a 'flaming Dr. Pepper'. It could be called something else on the other side of the world but I've always known them as such.
That's what I thought from the ingredients, but I couldn't remember for sure. I wasn't in the room when he actually said the name of the drink. If I recall, they're pretty tasty.

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

Mother Goose wrote:If I recall, they're pretty tasty.
Well, we (my single drinking buddies) drank them at the beginning or end of a party to either get or keep our drunk on depending on what we needed at the time. And, dear, when you're chugging a bevie, it's not about taste.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

tipsyguzano
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by tipsyguzano »

I don't believe he was ever on the Food Network, but old Justin Wilson was quite a character. He'd drink some of the wine he was using to make sure it was fit.

Bender!
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Bender! »

I found "guy" annoying as hell, but maybe thats just me.

jambalaya needs rice dammit.

OK- I'll give him another shot, but only one.
Alcoholic is a medical term, Drunkard is a lifestyle. ~ Junkman.

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by MethFront »

Bender! wrote:
jambalaya needs rice dammit.
You ever try getting rice to stay on a sammich? Of course if you insisted, i guess all of that plus the rice could be rolled up into a burrito...
Be safe everyone.

noirly
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by noirly »

We watch NO RESERVATIONS with Anthony Bourdain and try to drink every time he does its a fun game . . . even though he isnt on food network . . .but still

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

noirly wrote:We watch NO RESERVATIONS with Anthony Bourdain and try to drink every time he does its a fun game . . . even though he isnt on food network . . .but still
Oh, Bourdain is far superior to any of TFN's pseudo-celebs - but he's just not on nearly enough.

Shot Time
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Shot Time »

Mrs Goose I saw this segment and I do approve of the flaming shot cocktail. However, I take issue with Guy's whole "look"--what with the armbands (his gay friends had them on too) the tattoo's, the bleached hair....what's with this rockstar mentality that has taken hold of TFN? They have that "crazy" ace of cakes character too. Just fucking cook you nerd and stop trying to be a badass.
Use to be cool

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

I am sick and tired of these "Food Network" threads. If you want to talk about the food network, then go on the f'ing food network chat boards.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Judge

Post by Judge »

Crystal wrote:I am sick and tired of these "Food Network" threads. If you want to talk about the food network, then go on the f'ing food network chat boards.
Clicking is optional.

Isn't there an internet cartoon you should be watching??
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by MethFront »

JudgeLyonell wrote:
Clicking is optional.

Isn't there an internet cartoon you should be watching??
This is the funniest new one I've found: Babycakes
Be safe everyone.

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

Crystal wrote:I am sick and tired of these "Food Network" threads. If you want to talk about the food network, then go on the f'ing food network chat boards.
Hey, simmer down, li'l lady. It was booze-related, mmkay? :)

(for the record, Goose told me to stop posting TFN stuff too. I just couldn't resist posting re: the flaming shot at 10 a.m. on a Sunday)

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Fast Cast »

Gin McGuinness wrote:I think his shot is called a 'flaming Dr. Pepper'. It could be called something else on the other side of the world but I've always known them as such.
That's what we call them, dropped in a mug of beer then chugged.

It does taste eerily similar to Dr. Pepper. At least when you're tanked it does.
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker