Movies with lots of drinking in them:

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

ChiliDawg
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Movies with lots of drinking in them:

Post by ChiliDawg »

Resident Asshole wrote:Speaking of little league and drinking, the original Bad News Bears is awesome, he is drinking all the time!
Yes! Buttermaker was great. Timmy Lupus did make a mean Martini.

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

I'll always have a special place in my liver for "Arthur."

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

garv
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by garv »

In addition to having written a few "Soused Cinema" articles for Modern Drunkard Magazine, I have a Website dedicated to alcohol-centric film. There are already 125 soused cinema reviews at Booze Movies: The 100 Proof Film Guide. Check it out if you get the chance.

Cheers,
garv
Read reviews, news, and features from the world of soused cinema at "Booze Movies: The 100 Proof Film Guide." http://www.boozemovies.com/

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Great site

garv
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by garv »

Chimneyfish wrote:Great site
Thanks. It's a labor of love -- love of movies, love of booze, and love of movies featuring booze.

Cheers,
garv
Read reviews, news, and features from the world of soused cinema at "Booze Movies: The 100 Proof Film Guide." http://www.boozemovies.com/

Drinky the Drunk Guy
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Drinky the Drunk Guy »

I wanna add "Julia" to the list... I'm used to seeing Tilda Swinton as a "nice girl", but man, she reeeally tramps it up in this one. She's a perpetually plastered (not to mention, hotter than I've Ever seen her!) capital-B Bitch here, tho not-too-good at kidnapping or scheming. A little overlong with an unwrapped ending, I loved it tho, especially Tilda's ferocious drunkenness.

On the lighter side, I also gotta add the britcom tv series "Black Books"... Dylan Moran perfectly plays Bernard Black, a soused & misanthropic bookstore owner, who hates customers but loves liquor, joined by his wine-swilling friend, Fran, and lovable goofball, Manny. Tons of booze and lots of laughs in its couple seasons.
"When I'm not drinkin'... I'm thinkin' 'bout drinkin'..." — The Meat Purveyors

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

Drinky the Drunk Guy wrote:I wanna add "Julia" to the list...
HA!
(I'll have to check this one out)
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

Whisky Guy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Whisky Guy »

How is it you guys haven't mentioned Lee Marvin?
If you're going to drink don't talk, if you're going to talk, don't drink.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

Anyone mention Trees Lounge yet?
I'll miss you, pallie.

StefanoSbronzato
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by StefanoSbronzato »

Dunno if anyone's mentioned Zodiac yet, but Robert Downey Junior spends most of it drinking. Jake Gyllenhaal (or however you spell that) also drinks, but only things which are blue. It's a truly inspiring film: I recently found myself in the company of Mr. Beam and a tube of blue food colouring, so I mixed the two and spent the rest of the evening drinking blue Jim Beam. Didn't affect the taste, but it sure looked pretty :)
"There are no ugly women, there is only less vodka"--Russian proverb
Jelmo wrote:Guinnessa dsor brewakafast5. Fucxksa if withre yuour sillyh questionsd
--baby's first drunk post--

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

As I've said before, Tunes of Glory is one of my all time favorite movies...drink related or otherwise. The first two of the Thin Man series are up there too.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

willerror
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by willerror »

Drinky the Drunk Guy wrote:I wanna add "Julia" to the list... I'm used to seeing Tilda Swinton as a "nice girl", but man, she reeeally tramps it up in this one. She's a perpetually plastered (not to mention, hotter than I've Ever seen her!) capital-B Bitch here, tho not-too-good at kidnapping or scheming. A little overlong with an unwrapped ending, I loved it tho, especially Tilda's ferocious drunkenness.
I agree wholeheartedly. She looked so delightfully disheveled, and the way she just came alive when she drank, flirty banter and all, was terrific. No Oscar nom, however.

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

You wanna see some good, honest boozing, check out any WWII movie starring Lee Marvin. Now, Lee Marvin might not be the one putting away the hooch, but goddamn if all the captains, generals, and other assorted douchebags around him are slamming it down straight on the rocks cuz they're so nervous to be around Lee goddamn Marvin.

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

Lee Marvin and drinking, about time someone brought it up. Ok, here's the deal. Watch Cat Ballou. He's a drunken gunfighter. Loads of good drinking quotes from that movie. He also won an oscar for it as well. It's a musical, i know, jane fonda is in it, i know, and it's kinda cheesy, but still, he's a drunken gunfighter!
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.

quarterbounce
Tippler
Tippler

Post by quarterbounce »

Tough call between bad santa and barfly.