Outragingly good movie

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Frankennietzsche, Bur, ThirstyDrunk

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Outragingly good movie

Post by greygoose »

'Brothers at War'

This guy made a documentary with his brothers (2 of them enlisted and deployed in Iraq). Not a political piece at all, but focuses on day-to-day lives of soldiers and the impact it has on their family. Rent it, steal it, but see it.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: Outragingly good movie

Post by fizzmaster »

I'll have to check this out, sounds great.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

i'll tell you about an outragingly good movie. "in the loop." here's my one sentence review: "this movie is fucking funny; watch it."

no, it's not cheating to use a semicolon.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

"Frost/Nixon". I'm sure it's been reviewed before, but I just saw it and it's amazing.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

I'll check on this one.
Does it take glasses to watch it?
Mind if I borrow yours, Brent?
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

greygoose wrote:'Brothers at War'

This guy made a documentary with his brothers (2 of them enlisted and deployed in Iraq). Not a political piece at all, but focuses on day-to-day lives of soldiers and the impact it has on their family. Rent it, steal it, but see it.
Sounds great. Just moved to numero uno in my netflix queue.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

Inglorious Bastards. Not exactly history, not even close, but damn, if it was...
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

Grace O'Malley wrote:"Frost/Nixon". I'm sure it's been reviewed before, but I just saw it and it's amazing.
i just saw this, and i must say i am underwhelmed. the directing and producing were good, the story was obviously good (with that kind of material, good production mixed with even vaguely good scripting makes for good watching) but langella ruined it. yes, richard nixon ruined the richard nixon movie. his portrayal of nixon's mannerisms and speech were so over the top that they bordered on caricature. it took me out of the movie entirely.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

hoverdog
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by hoverdog »

To Live and Die in L.A. Yes it's on Netflix.

I'd say Heat but everyone ever has seen that many times. If you haven't then drop everything and go watch it.
The last thing that anyone should ever do is feel ashamed of blacking out. You were trying to get drunk last night and, goddamnit, mission accomplished.

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

hoverdog wrote:To Live and Die in L.A. Yes it's on Netflix.

I'd say Heat but everyone ever has seen that many times. If you haven't then drop everything and go watch it.
I'll call you Crockett if you call me Tubbs. Or visey versey.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.