Songs that piss you off

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Lush City, peetie44

Booz Hound
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Songs that piss you off

Post by Booz Hound »

Nearly everything other than heavy metal, if it isn’t terrifyingly fast guitars and lyrics glorifying asskicking, I don’t particularly care. Also the radio stations wont play anything good… ever.
Fear the Man, kill the snitch. Just remember life's a bitch.
- Motorhead

Oh nooo, my brain!
- Hans Moleman

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

Booz Hell Hound wrote: Also the radio stations wont play anything good… ever.
I think that's true no matter what your musical taste is.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

lanternchikk
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by lanternchikk »

Shane's Dentist wrote:"Livin On A Prayer". Causes me to eject myself what whatever house or establishment i'm on when I hear it. Utter pish.
Bon Jovi's love songs/ballads are even worse.
Die Götter sind besoffen, der Olymp ist vollgekotzt.

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

Smatter Noguts wrote:"Piano Man"

See, Billy Joel is so cool that he gets everybody in the bar "feelin' alright" and has some fawning toady ask him "man, what are you doing here?" while he runs down the poor hopeless drunks trapped in thier pitiful jobs and miserable lives, who are like, just there to get a drink.

This song screams 'I'm an Arrogant Asshole' from start to finish.

Oh hell yeah. Hit that nail right on the head.
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

lanternchikk wrote:
Shane's Dentist wrote:"Livin On A Prayer". Causes me to eject myself what whatever house or establishment i'm on when I hear it. Utter pish.
Glad to take your word on them.

I also detest that Journey song everybody sings, but they did have a song feature in Caddyshack, so they are spared from detailed abuse.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Shane's Dentist wrote:
lanternchikk wrote:
Glad to take your word on them.

I also detest that Journey song everybody sings, but they did have a song feature in Caddyshack, so they are spared from detailed abuse.
As ever, I agree with Shane.
Also, let's tear the throat out of Billy Joel. Yeah, hear that music, this is our world without Billy Joel. Pleasant, isn't it?
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

willerror
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by willerror »

Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" is just a Springsteen song with a more positive hook, and Billy Joel should have been writing songs for Broadway, not pop radio. If you think of him in that context, he becomes more likable, actually.

I love rock'n'roll so much that there's so much I hate, I can't even get started.

Cliffie S. Bockerson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Cliffie S. Bockerson »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOVc4TMjHpk

Because nobody has a fucking Heartlight. Because even a person who can occasionally appreciate hoakum for hoakum's sake, such as myself, is necessarily convulsed with hatred at the brazen soullessness of this three-ton steamer of a "song". Fuck you and your inexplicable renaissance, Neil. Fuck that bitch Caroline. Were it possible, I'd have spared the world music itself to save us from experiencing this horror.

It is pretty cool that he's grabbing his dick in front of all those women in the beginning though.
"Nossir. Even in my worst delirium I never interfered with the flow of traffic. I never drank any hair tonic, either."

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv-Fk1PwVeU

Maybe I'm just a bitter asshole, but this song makes me fucking nauseous.
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

don't mean to hijack the thread, but this is the saddest song I have ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R2F9f2Cl6Y

Cliffie S. Bockerson

JohnnyTequila wrote:don't mean to hijack the thread, but this is the saddest song I have ever heard.

He actually didn't want to record that song. I believe he called it a "morbid son of a bitch" and declared that no one would listen.
"Nossir. Even in my worst delirium I never interfered with the flow of traffic. I never drank any hair tonic, either."

Cliffie S. Bockerson

JohnnyTequila wrote:don't mean to hijack the thread, but this is the saddest song I have ever heard.

The temptation to thread-jack this into a full-on Jones-out is great for me, but I'll just post this one, in honor of the board, and it's reason for being a board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2dSI_62ZwE

drunkspots
Souse
Souse

Post by drunkspots »

"i'll drown all my worries or i'll teach em how to swim"....I fuckin love george jones
beer, whiskey, repeat.

Negromancer
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Negromancer »

Smatter Noguts wrote:"Piano Man"

See, Billy Joel is so cool that he gets everybody in the bar "feelin' alright" and has some fawning toady ask him "man, what are you doing here?" while he runs down the poor hopeless drunks trapped in thier pitiful jobs and miserable lives, who are like, just there to get a drink.

This song screams 'I'm an Arrogant Asshole' from start to finish.
That, and every other karaoke bar hit.
"The best drink of the day, was the drink he had in his head before the first drink of the day."

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Cliffie S. Bockerson wrote:

The temptation to thread-jack this into a full-on Jones-out is great for me, but I'll just post this one, in honor of the board, and it's reason for being a board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2dSI_62ZwE
At the age of 30, I had to be one of the youngest people in the auditorium to see George a few years back when he came through town. Awesome show and man I love his songs.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619