Songs about locales

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Lush City, peetie44

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Songs about locales

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Do you think that there is at least one "popular" recorded song written about every state/country/major city? Or, at least, are there songs where they are mentioned? (This does not include anthems/school fight songs/ or other propaganda songs.) I was thinking that there aren't any about Indiana, until I remembered The Wabash Cannonball, but that is really about a train. Also, the band Houndmouth is sure to have something about their hometown.
I thought of this after hearing Elvis's 'Cold Kentucky Rain', not too long after a friend gave me a Grandpa Jones LP with 'Eight more Miles to Louisville'. Also, I heard Neil Diamond's 'Kentucky Woman' fairly recently.
I'm sure if you include local bands, almost everywhere would be included. Lichtenstein? Are there any songs about them? There are tons about Slovenia, though, thanks to Laibach.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Songs about locales

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Oh sure, KY gets great heartfelt songs like "My Old Kentucky Home". The only ones I can thinnk of about Ohio have University students getting gunned down or people polluting and paving over the state.
EDIT - Oh wait Of course I forgot "Cleveland Rocks" By Ian Hunter, but I think we all know that is a farcical tale.
Here is a more apt song about Cleveland : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I can think of several, maybe, that have the word 'Ohio' in them, but it's mainly about the river.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Does this count for PA? Oh Pennsyltucky.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

That song "I've been everywhere" by Cash was cool because he mentioned a town of Maine.

That was nice