"The 20 Worst Bands from the ’90s You Still Secretly..."

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Lush City, peetie44

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: "The 20 Worst Bands from the ’90s You Still Secretly..."

Post by scream ale »

Metallica covering other bands. Especially that double CD of covers they put out many years ago. It's usually pretty bad. Of course Metallica hasn't been good for like 30+ years.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

I always liked this song You by Candlebox even though they were kind of cheesy. There were surprisingly a lot of pretty decent songs on that album.
Okole maluna!

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Backbone Robby Bobby »

My Gosh. The '90? I hated them! I can only be proud about having bought a Tupac- album while he was still alive (Me against the world, 1995) but the rest? Nirvana, Blind Melon, Oasis, Blur, Sonic Youth, Faith no more, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Radiohead etc. they all sent me to depression.
What's wrong with having a good time with KISS, Crüe and Guns & Roses?

But to be perfectly honest regarding the subject of this thread and having to make a fool of myself, I admit that I recently heard a New Kid on The Block hit that I remember not disliking while it was on TV: Step by step.
What a shame.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Backbone Robby Bobby wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:42 am

But to be perfectly honest regarding the subject of this thread and having to make a fool of myself, I admit that I recently heard a New Kid on The Block hit that I remember not disliking while it was on TV: Step by step.
What a shame.
Love Tupac! And ain't nuthin' wrong with Crüe and GNR...but KISS...eh...I'm torn. The songs I do like by them I really like but then you hear a song like "Crazy Crazy Nights" where all they do is sing those three words over and over...not the most creative of songs. Doesn't do it for me.

But NKOTB? Ain't no shame in that game! They actually had several pretty decent songs - "Step by Step" absolutely being one of them, agreed - but yes, they totally belong in this thread.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Okole maluna!

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Backbone Robby Bobby »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:10 am
Backbone Robby Bobby wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:42 am

What a shame.
Love Tupac! And ain't nuthin' wrong with Crüe and GNR...but KISS...eh...I'm torn. The songs I do like by them I really like but then you hear a song like "Crazy Crazy Nights" where all they do is sing those three words over and over...not the most creative of songs. Doesn't do it for me.

But NKOTB? Ain't no shame in that game! They actually had several pretty decent songs - "Step by Step" absolutely being one of them, agreed - but yes, they totally belong in this thread.
Please Dear Mam. You don't know KISS and it's ok. You know Crazy Crazy Nights. It's like saying: "I know America. I was in Miami once..."
Now turn it up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ASVd4p8Sc

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Anything Ace of Base
Drink!