Kingsley Amis

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Kingsley Amis

Post by GSG »

As it's 1.15am over here, it's now the 16th April and Kingsley Amis' birthday. Born this day in 1922, he even went to the same school as my boyfriend so I can't hold Martin against him too much. In honour of the commie writer's day of birth, I propose this cocktail.

Lucky Jim
1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz amaretto
1/2 oz triple sec
1/2 oz white rum
1 oz Jim Beam
1/2 oz sloe gin
1 splash cranberry juice
1 splash lime juice
1 splash orange juice

You put the booze in the glass and you drink them all together, you put the booze in the glass, then you feel better.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

MethFront
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by MethFront »

I always though of him as a comedy writer more than a commie writer... but that's just because the scene in Lucky Jim where he sets the bed on fire made me laugh until i nearly pissed myself.
Be safe everyone.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

He was big in the UK Communist Party until the USSR invaded Hungary in the '50s, and then he told them to stuff it. I loved 'Lucky Jim', a couple of the characters remind me of my lecturers!
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

GinSoakedGirl wrote:He was big in the UK Communist Party until the USSR invaded Hungary in the '50s
Then Palinka or One for the Frog need to post a palinka based drink.
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books