shandy

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

total crap

girl drink
64%
nice in the summer
36%

Total votes: 11

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

[quote="Palinka"]If it's a pub or homemade shandy (as opposed to the shite available ready made in tinnies), made with ale and lemonade (R.White's for prference) it can be useful For example, it's a good way to train the kids' palates to wean them off sugar water and it can put them to sleep for an afternoon.
[quote]

This is true. My parents used to give me shandy when I was a tot. The barman thankfully thoguht it was funny rather than calling social services.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

Celtic
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Celtic »

fruit in cocktails (with hard liquor) = acceptable

fruit in wine(sangria) = kinda silly, but fun in pitchers with giggly women and the next day off from work

fruit in beer = unnecessary and wasteful.
if it wasn't for booze and masturbation, i'd have killed myself ages ago.

Aarkwilde
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aarkwilde »

A couple of my friends told me about how their parents gave them shandys when they were little kids.

It's a waste of beer and lemonade.
SIGbooze - Since 1967

Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by ***** »

I feel like The Last Indian (Iron Eyes Cody for the IMDB nerds) who crys when someone litters.

Don't litter my beer--litre my beer.

That said, a squeeze of fresh lime and some salt go well with ass-tacular Mexican/Central American beer (that Rio Claro stuff from Trader Joe's springs to mind along with Tecate).

And just for the record, Hefeweisen is the Zima of German beer.

pukey
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by pukey »

I'm partial to a pint of grasshopper (wheat beer) with a wedge or two of lemon squeezed in. Thats as close as I like to get.
Hell is where the beer is warm and the women are cold.

-pukey