stoli and vermouth

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

skwerldrunk
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

stoli and vermouth

Post by skwerldrunk »

oh cripes i wanted to make martinis to be all old fashion and all tha tgood stufff so i took stoli vodka and filled up about half a mason jar with it and topped the rest off with gallo vermouth i figured hah imma be drunk and old fashioned but instead its like drinking fire, what can i do to improve?
peace
so i says: WEE and the cat goes flying as though kicked by a giant foot. i do nt know why though it was sure odd ill tell you that.

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: stoli and vermouth

Post by G_W »

skwerldrunk wrote:what can i do to improve?
Stop calling that concoction a "martini"? I'm not a booze snob by any means. But a martini is Gin and Vermouth. that's it.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

Martini Time
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: stoli and vermouth

Post by Martini Time »

gerald_weigel wrote:Stop calling that concoction a "martini"? I'm not a booze snob by any means. But a martini is Gin and Vermouth. that's it.
Now get ME a towel!!! Thank you, St. Gerald!!! Defender of the prescribed cocktail terminology!!! You are correct in that it is a "Vodka Martini" (in some pretty outrageous glassware, I might add.)

Skwerldrunk, the "fire", as you call it, may be quelled by proper proportions between the two ingredients (like a 10:1, or higher, Vodka to Vermouth ratio.) Chilled mixing implements and proper glassware will also help.

You may want to start here.
"Martinis are a balm against a sordid world, a shield against all that is sullied, rushed and coarse"