Drink of the Week 07/19

Ask about or post your favorite drinks.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

cloud8
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by cloud8 »

Aarkwilde wrote:I'm perplexed as to what I should experiment with regarding bitters. I'm consuming scotch and bourbon lately, but straight.
My dad used to down two Old Fashioneds upon walking in the door.

Muddle 1/2 tsp sugar and a coupla dashes of Angostura Bitters in the bottom of an 8 oz. glass.
Add 2 oz. Bourbon.
Add 3 ice cubes.
Fill with sparkling water.
Garnish w/ marischino cherry & orange slice.
Serve w/ swizzle stick.

Enjoy.
"Never apologise for being in the Bourbon aisle."
--Smatter Noguts

Tipsy McStagger
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Tipsy McStagger »

cloud8 wrote:
Aarkwilde wrote:I'm perplexed as to what I should experiment with regarding bitters. I'm consuming scotch and bourbon lately, but straight.
My dad used to down two Old Fashioneds upon walking in the door.

Muddle 1/2 tsp sugar and a coupla dashes of Angostura Bitters in the bottom of an 8 oz. glass.
Add 2 oz. Bourbon.
Add 3 ice cubes.
Fill with sparkling water.
Garnish w/ marischino cherry & orange slice.
Serve w/ swizzle stick.

Enjoy.
I prefer my fruit "muddled" in my Old Fashioneds. Newer bartenders will make that drink with club soda, rather than water so make sure to specify which way you want it. (I prefer water to soda)

cloud8
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by cloud8 »

Tipsy McStagger wrote: I prefer my fruit "muddled" in my Old Fashioneds. Newer bartenders will make that drink with club soda, rather than water so make sure to specify which way you want it. (I prefer water to soda)
I do too...a tiny dash of Marischino juice with a twist of orange rind. Though I find the fizz water helps to float away the cares of the day.
Dad used to make Old Fashioneds with Rye, but he drank Bourbon instead after a certain point.
"Never apologise for being in the Bourbon aisle."
--Smatter Noguts